Nervous - at the dealer for the first time in years!

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Nervous - at the dealer for the first time in years!

Postby disallow » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:46 am

Ha, so I finally broke down and made an appointment to have a recall done on my 2005 Pathfinder SE Premium. The airbag SRS light started flashing the other day. After doing the self diagnosis thing, found it had a Code 16, Front Crash Zone Sensor. Well there is a recall on this part, so I called the dealer. Its been about 7 years since I last had it at the dealer.

They ran my VIN and discovered that I was also in line for the ECM Relay recall as well.

So after 7 years, and at 270000km, I brought my rig in for some work at the dealer. I'm scared... :)

t

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Nervous - at the dealer for the first time in years!

Postby eieio » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 am

disallow wrote:Ha, so I finally broke down and made an appointment to have a recall done on my 2005 Pathfinder SE Premium. The airbag SRS light started flashing the other day. After doing the self diagnosis thing, found it had a Code 16, Front Crash Zone Sensor. Well there is a recall on this part, so I called the dealer. Its been about 7 years since I last had it at the dealer.

They ran my VIN and discovered that I was also in line for the ECM Relay recall as well.

So after 7 years, and at 270000km, I brought my rig in for some work at the dealer. I'm scared... :)

t
i hear ya!

i just bought 2 ECM relays to take care of the ECM relay recalls myself
maybe I'm just unlucky, but any time I've gone to a dealership service dept, they either somehow botched the job, or if they got that right, somehow damaged my trucks (door chips, fender dent, chips around the lug nut holes.......) :roll:
it's nearly impossible for me to hand my key to someone to do work on my trucks

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:24 am

Well I go it back, SRS light is no longer flashing. Thank God! That was bloody annoying.

They noted that the TPMS light was on. They couldn't have filled up the tires? Oh well.
Last edited by disallow on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:41 am

disallow wrote:Well I go it back, SRS light is no longer flashing. Thank God! That was bloody annoying.

They noted that the TPMS light was on. They couldn't have filled up the tires? Oh well.
BIG surprise! :roll:
glad you got it fixed!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:37 am

When I had my airbag recall performed, that was the only time I was back to the dealer as well. After sitting around in their shitty waiting room for an hour or so and I was really wishing I had just bought the part and done it myself in 15 minutes.

I take my wife's Acura to the dealers sometimes but they'll give a loaner and wash/vaccum the car even if it's just a $25 oil change. So I drop it off, drive the @#$! out of a loaner for the afternoon, and come back to a clean car with oil change for $30 out the door.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:57 am

on the drive in to the city today, I goosed it from a stop. Man is this a fun ride!

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:40 pm

Some dealers are worse than others.
I had a minor service done, and they did a whole bunch of small service items that I didn't ask for, for free. Topped up washer fluid, checked alignment for free, checked pressure (but didn't need fixing), cleaned the windows on the inside and ran it through the wash for free.

I am very happy with my dealer. Have been taking it there since I bought it last year. As a thank you for my loyalty they gave me a really good discount on a replacement key and some accessory knick-knacks.

Return to “R51 General Chat”