use aux input for handsfree cell phone use?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

use aux input for handsfree cell phone use?

Postby disallow » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:45 am

Hi there,

We just got a 2010 Rogue, and it has an Aux Input for what I thought was just for music input to the stereo.

However, I had it plugged in when my wife called the other day, and it seems that it also works as a handsfree system for the phone as well.

Question is, I know the speakers work, but where is it picking up my voice from? I see some 'vents' in the map light module, is this a mic? The phone was nowhere near me, so I don't think it was picking up from the phone.

Anybody know? I need to monkey around with it a bit more. Neat feature though!

t

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Some cords have mics built in but if not, your phone was likely picking it up. I have a bluetooth adapter plugged into my aux input and it uses the phone's mic. Basically just like when you have it on speaker phone only it's using the car's speakers. Works pretty good. If the car doesn't have bluetooth it definitely doesn't have a mic anywhere.

This is the adapter I'm using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038M ... ge_o05_s00 It pretty much works just like a factory system but you have to have your phone nearby for the mic to work. I have a dash mount my phone slides into as well.

Return to “General Automotive”