2016 Titan

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

2016 Titan

Postby disallow » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:27 am

Very Cool. Looks exciting. Too bad it'll probably be $65-70k up here in Canada...

http://www.nissan.ca/en/trucks/2016-titan/

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:45 am

It looks like a Ford. Not a fan, honestly.
That's the whole reason why I appreciated Japanese trucks. Because they didn't follow the over the top silly and tacky american styling.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:52 am

I do have to say I'm way more excited about the powertrain and capabilities. The styling is OK by me, though.

Biggest thing for me is the fuel economy during the 90% of the time I'm not towing, and still has payload to carry the family and dog and etc. Read up on the ram ecoDiesel and you'll see that there is less than 900lbs payload on the crewcab.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:00 pm

Today a friend at my local Nissan dealership informed me that Nissan told him to expect the new Titan around January of 2016. What I thought was interesting was they told him to expect a new redesigned Frontier pick up by late Oct early Nov of this year?

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:00 am

Thought I would revive this one... I have seen the new Tiitan as I am sure many of you have although you would never know it is available. Has anyone seen a TV or magazine add for this truck? I thought Nissan would have had a nice Super Bowl add for it but no. I wonder what they are waiting for?

And it looks like 2017 for the new Frontier pickup I just hope Nissan learns from the mistakes Toyota has made with there new Tacoma namely the lack of power/torque many seem to be complaining about. I know all the manufacturers are trying to get the best MPG they can but for heck sake it's a truck! We want grunt torque! Frankly I have always felt the Frontier pickup had many advantages over the Tacoma... Much stronger boxed frame, better seating position, better seats (subjective), stronger V6, steel instead of plastic bed, among other things. The Frontier gives up a lower quality interior (big deal).
Just my opinion.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:38 am

Kestral wrote:Thought I would revive this one... I have seen the new Tiitan as I am sure many of you have although you would never know it is available. Has anyone seen a TV or magazine add for this truck? I thought Nissan would have had a nice Super Bowl add for it but no. I wonder what they are waiting for?

And it looks like 2017 for the new Frontier pickup I just hope Nissan learns from the mistakes Toyota has made with there new Tacoma namely the lack of power/torque many seem to be complaining about. I know all the manufacturers are trying to get the best MPG they can but for heck sake it's a truck! We want grunt torque! Frankly I have always felt the Frontier pickup had many advantages over the Tacoma... Much stronger boxed frame, better seating position, better seats (subjective), stronger V6, steel instead of plastic bed, among other things. The Frontier gives up a lower quality interior (big deal).
Just my opinion.
I hope the new frontier keeps the same frame and suspension for the most part so we can have more stuff to interchange with them.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:29 am

Not sure on the strategy for the Titan. IMO i is overpriced for the category.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:09 pm

Yeah, it's priced like a full-sized truck yet it's sized smaller than a full-sized truck. It doesn't really make any sense. They definitely stole a lot of styling cues from the F-150.
As far as the Tacoma, seats have always been inferior to the ones in Nissans, but supposedly they corrected that on the newest model. My 2003 Tacoma base 4x4 was a pretty good truck for me. Only issue I had was a faulty evap system control valve in almost 100,000 miles. But, it wasn't a very comfortable ride.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:09 pm

I’ll probably buy a 2016 in 10 years when I can finally afford it. Lol.

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:06 am

This, though... I would drive. Even better if there was an Armada version.

Return to “General Automotive”