The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Transmission fail on diesel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Nissan Transmission FAIL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kael2001

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Transmission fail on diesel? Reply with quote

Has anyone know of the transmission coolant fail happening on a diesel 2.5l?
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of many cooler failures on them. It seems to be a North American problem, for the most part.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Kael2001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smj999smj wrote:
I haven't heard of many cooler failures on them. It seems to be a North American problem, for the most part.

Yeah the word 'many' doesn't fill me with confidence lol. Might just do the bypass anyway till I can afford a new rad.
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to put words into SMJ's mouth, but on this site, we havent' heard of any that I am aware of.

That being said, it is a failure point with a catastrophic consequence, that is present on any vehicle with an automatic transmission. To say it will never happen would be problematic at best.

I work in the heavy vehicle industry and can tell you that we see about 10-15 failures inside the warranty period of oil/water transmission coolers per year, out of about 1000 vehicles per year, warranty is 2 years.

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 343000kms (213000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Nissan Transmission FAIL All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: