Decision comes down to treadlife

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

MikeYQM

Decision comes down to treadlife

Postby MikeYQM » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:04 am

So I've done a ridiculous amount of research trying to decide between Duratracs or ATKO2. My decision comes down to tread wear now. For my driving I'm pretty evenly split between the two. Does anyone have first hand numbers on tread life on one or the other? Or better yet, between the two?

Thanks,

Mike

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:50 pm

I have been running AT KO/2 for about 5,000 miles. So far so good.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Decision comes down to treadlife

Postby NVSteve » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:15 am

MikeYQM wrote:So I've done a ridiculous amount of research trying to decide between Duratracs or ATKO2. My decision comes down to tread wear now. For my driving I'm pretty evenly split between the two. Does anyone have first hand numbers on tread life on one or the other? Or better yet, between the two?

Thanks,

Mike
In my humble & very biased opinion (I am very anti-KO2), you will have better luck with the Duratracs. The problem I had with the BFG (I've had 3 sets of the KO, not the KO2, on different vehicles) is that they are absolute shit when the remaining tread gets to less than 50% of the original. Aside from that, my biggest gripe with them is traction on really wet roads. Unless you enjoy hydroplaning. I can't remember for sure, but I believe my last set of Duratracs had about 36k or so on them when I replaced them with new ones. I don't run my tread down to the very bottom because it is quite unsafe where it rains, snows and is need for off road traction.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:15 pm

For all terrains i recommend nittos for tread life im currently running Km2s and love them will only go back to all terrains if i go to 35s.

I say duratracs will have a shorter tread life compared to the bfgs but thats because they have a more aggressive pattern.

I got out 50,000 miles out of some used nitto terra grapplers and had to replace at 50% tread life because they were 5 years old and started getting bumps on it after wheeling them.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”