All time favorite?

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

All time favorite?

Postby Kestral » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:34 am

What is your all time favorite SUV or truck tire that you have owned?

For me my current selection an my 2012 Pathfinder Cooper A/T3 is a fantastic A/T tire. I have not found any area where it does not excell at although I can not comment on tire wear yet.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: All time favorite?

Postby eieio » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Kestral wrote:What is your all time favorite SUV or truck tire that you have owned?

For me my current selection an my 2012 Pathfinder Cooper A/T3 is a fantastic A/T tire. I have not found any area where it does not excell at although I can not comment on tire wear yet.
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo, on the third set now, on two different vehicles.
I'm thinking of putting another set on the wife's R51 soon.
They are currently called Dueler A/T Revo 2.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:27 pm

Michelin LTX M/S2... Expensive, but great ride and handling in all types of weather and 700 treadwear rating.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:10 am

My sister just installed some GY Wrangler Duratracks on her Jeep. They seem to be great tires esp in the snow. A little heavy and her millage dropped off but great traction.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:03 am

I loved my Bridgestone REV02s, and am a big fan of my current tires, Cooper ATWs, which are essentially an AT/3 with a sawtooth pattern on the outer tread, and a mildly softer compound. So far they are wearing great.

Jslatts

Postby Jslatts » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:29 am

Hankook ATM - I bought a week before thanksgiving 2014. I Live Outside of Reading, PA and we had a decent amount of snow, didn't use 4x4 once that year. overall tread wear is good. traction is amazing still (have 20,000 miles on them) I drive A lot, my commute Is 78miles round trip for work but do a lot of side drives between full time job, detailing business I own and operate and just the normal trips to places. The tires handles VERY well in snow, rain, dry roads all conditions. even when I go off roading at times they are not horrible (not MTs but yea). overall damn good tire. I will either get them again or the Hankook MT's because I plan on doing more off roading once I get the lift and crap taken care of.

General Grabber AT2 are a close runner up. ATM's get the lead because of how they did in the snow this past year and current year, we had 24inches over night and well I had to get to the fire department (Volunteer) and the generals were good but I was always needed 4x4 with any snow on any hill grade. ATMs only needed 4x4 once we hit inch number 9 or 10 I believe. which in my book is pretty damn good honestly

car_bore

Postby car_bore » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:09 pm

I'm confused right now. I was looking to buy Dueler A/T revo 2 and fom the pics on google, all the tires have the white letter outline on the sidewall, but when I checked walmart, the one on stock does not have the white letter markings. What gives? Are the ones without those new stock? I double checked the tires, and they were really revo 2's.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:30 pm

I don't think the Walmart version us actually the rev02. They have their own version.

BlueTJMCRT

Postby BlueTJMCRT » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:56 am

Have to agree on the Hankook Dynopro AT - Absolutely kick ass tire. I was able to get about 60,000 miles out of a set on a Grand Cherokee and they were amazing in the snow and ICE.

Just put some Firestone Destination A/T's on the Pathfinder and they are great in the snow as well. Time will tell how much I like them.

Always liked my BFG All Terrain tires as well, but the Hankook was better in the snow and ice.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:44 pm

BlueTJMCRT wrote:Have to agree on the Hankook Dynopro AT - Absolutely kick ass tire. I was able to get about 60,000 miles out of a set on a Grand Cherokee and they were amazing in the snow and ICE.

Just put some Firestone Destination A/T's on the Pathfinder and they are great in the snow as well. Time will tell how much I like them.

Always liked my BFG All Terrain tires as well, but the Hankook was better in the snow and ice.
Had the Firestone Dest A/T real good tire no complains. I will have to give the Hankook's a try.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:49 am

I have the Hankooks on my 2008 SE. They've been on almost a year and are performing well. I won't say they are as good as the Michelins I had on my 2006, but not far behind and not as expensive.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:10 am

smj999smj wrote:I have the Hankooks on my 2008 SE. They've been on almost a year and are performing well. I won't say they are as good as the Michelins I had on my 2006, but not far behind and not as expensive.
I hear great things on the Michelins the issue where I live is only dealer carries them and every time I go there he talks me into another tire brand I have no idea why? He prob makes more $ on the other tire.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Well, don't let him talk you into another tire, then! :wink: The Michelin LTX's and Latitude are consistently ranked at the top of their respective categories whenever Consumer Reports reviews tires. You do pay a lot for them, but if you want top-of-the-line tires, Michelin is hard to beat.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:11 pm

smj999smj wrote:Well, don't let him talk you into another tire, then! :wink: The Michelin LTX's and Latitude are consistently ranked at the top of their respective categories whenever Consumer Reports reviews tires. You do pay a lot for them, but if you want top-of-the-line tires, Michelin is hard to beat.
I am going to give the Michelin a go then next time around. I buy all the tires for the family and the family business so lots of tires every year. I will make my tire guy an offer he can't refuse! ... Lol... I think I will order the Hancooks for my sisters Chevy 3500 plow truck. Seems like an aggressive tire that would be good in the snow. I just put Goodyear Wrangler Duratracks on her Jeep and they seem great for her needs. Two aggressive for me and the highway driving I do they are also heavy and she has lost millage but her extreme traction needs offset that.

hesham1

Postby hesham1 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:05 pm

car_bore wrote:I'm confused right now. I was looking to buy Dueler A/T revo 2 and fom the pics on google, all the tires have the white letter outline on the sidewall, but when I checked walmart, the one on stock does not have the white letter markings. What gives? Are the ones without those new stock? I double checked the tires, and they were really revo 2's.
These tires have white on one side. When you get the tires installed, you can specify with the installers whether you want the white on the outside or hidden in the inside. I prefer the white on a truck/SUV. I think it looks good

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”