A.C performance

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

patomwazi

A.C performance

Postby patomwazi » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:17 am

With summer creeping in...we get upwards of 40°C in this part of the world....what AC performance improvement can i apply without much cost and or interference... just had the system flushed and regassed...anyone tried insulation wrapping the AC plumbing in the engine bay...?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:18 am

There really isn't much you can do to the stock system to improve the performance. If you had an A/C machine, you could try tweaking the charge amount a little bit for the best performance. Keeping the condenser clean and making sure nothing is blocking the air flow through it is important. On systems with of orifice tubes (like GM vehicles), a variable orifice tube can be an improvement of the stock orifice tube, but Nissan has always used expansion valves, so there really isn't anything you can do there. I don't think wrapping the A/C lines is going to do anything for you.

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:05 am

Dont you mean upwards of 55?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:43 am

BullDozer wrote:Dont you mean upwards of 55?
Yeah, 40 isn't very hot. What everyone needs to remember is the interior temperature of the vehicle, which will be hotter than the exterior temp. Even where I live, if the outside temp is 40-ish, the interior will be well above 55. How fast the interior temp can be reduced is the issue, but no matter what, the interior will be hot when getting in.

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:30 am

Here goes....after much warning and concerns directed to the mech of a leaky system and lube leak from the compressor due to shoddy workmanship...the shop is forced to bore the cost of a compressor replacement... parts and labor included....i think someone is getting fired.....

Return to “R51 General Chat”