built in SATNAV connection problems

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

CrusherLOL

built in SATNAV connection problems

Postby CrusherLOL » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:03 am

Hi guys and gals,

just joined this forum. so am pretty useless at getting to grips with new things.
I have owned my 2005 pathfinder T-spec for about 4 years now. But over this time the onboard monitor has developed a connection fault. I have replaced the monitor. still have the problem. It is a blank black screen (flickered a bit) eventually it comes on after 45mins sometimes longer.
I have had a auto-electrician come out. He took the dash board apart. He was confused. Basically, and according to his manuals the unit that supplies info to the Satnav is usually located behind the monitor. Not in this case. we have ascertained it is attached to CD unit lower down. I have stripped this apart and can not find anything wrong. Having looked through the interweb I can only seem to buy this as a combined unit which is rather costly. My question to any helpful member out there is....Can I buy these separate, does it sound odd that the location of this unit is not located where it should be, and finally I have tried cleaning the connections in the hopes this works, but is there something else I can try......thanks in advance. If I can upload images I will, :roll:

jag19651

display unit blank

Postby jag19651 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:45 pm

I have the same problem on my 2011 nissan pathfinder

Please let me know what fixes this

I have that black box behind the display , i think thats the problem

Taavi

Postby Taavi » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:01 am

If you are sure that you have faulty head unit, you might try to order it from China (look www.aliexpress.com ) I replaced mine (had CD changer issues) with this http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6070 ... 1753106968.

My 2006 path has navigation DVD unit under the passenger seat. You might check those connectors also.

Mr Mo-Fo

Postby Mr Mo-Fo » Tue May 03, 2016 8:45 am

The satnav / Bluetooth box is under the drivers seat (LHD) and this controls the screen, if you look at the box there are 2 connectors, one with power, satnav, rear camera feeds and one with the feed from the rear camera control box. It is quite common for rear passengers to stick there feet against these connectors and damage them so have a good look in this area.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”