Heater Core Removal Video for 06 Pathfinder

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

ceheizer

Heater Core Removal Video for 06 Pathfinder

Postby ceheizer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Hello,
My heater core is leaking and I would like to replace it. Are there any how to videos on swapping it out. I really dont want to pay $1500 for a $150 part.

I did find the PDF but I found it more confusing than it should be.

Thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:36 am

I couldn't find any videos on it. It's a pretty big job. The center console and dashboard have to be removed. You'll need to evacuate and recharge the A/C refrigerant, too. Not fun...

ceheizer

Postby ceheizer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:37 am

Thanks, I was going to have the A/C done by a shop. Would you say it's better to pay someone to do it? Or take the time and do it yourself?

Also, do you know if there are any really good shop manuals that will walk someone through the process?

Thanks,
Charlie

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:52 pm

If you have the time, tools and ability to do it yourself, then by all means, give it a shot. I'm not in a position to determine what you can and cannot do. If you can save some money, great! But, only you know what you are capable of doing. As far as manuals, the factory service manual is your best bet. It's probably going to be pretty generic in its description, but gives you everything you need to know for the most part. It will likely have an exploded diagram of the dash and a step by step disassembly procedure. There are several sources for downloadable manuals. Nico Club's site has full manuals and NissanHelp.com has downloadable chapters in their knowledge base section.

Return to “R51 General Chat”