yes another lift question

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Farmer21

yes another lift question

Postby Farmer21 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:30 am

hello, I have been doing research on lifting my 06 pathy. I have read alot of the post regarding this but I want to be sure when ordering this week that I order everything I need at once and take a weekend a do the whole thing being its my dd.

I haul a trailer and a race car usually around 4-5 thousand lbs. and it sagged pretty bad. Just picked up a WD hitch but would like some more help in the rear. I would like to also do some weekend trail runs. (Upstate ny) so mostly muddy trail rides or driving to my Tree stand.
I can feel the suspension definitely needed some love. I can feel every bump and hole.

I want to do rancho quick lift struts in the front and shocks with airlift1000 bags I don't really want to run the rubber spacer so I am confused on what rear spring i should run. would like a solid 2 inch lift. and have seen the armada springs and hd springs. what spring would you suggest? would like to stay under 200 for them

Also, right now every time I hit a bump or hole my steering wheel goes all over the place. I have already ordered new tierods but is there something else I should replace to get that to stop?

thanks in advance.

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:14 pm

Here is what I recommend:

Medium duty spring for the rear from 4x4 parts. $165.00 and will give you 2" of lift (they advertise a .5" lift but many of us have gotten them and it's a solid 2" without a doubt. I can't speak for the heavy duty option they have which promise 2.5" I think, but I personally would not want anything stronger than what the medium duty springs gave me. I haul as well and they are beyond stiff enough for any of my needs.

For the front the Ranco quick lift loaded struts are what I got and HIGHLY recommend. Solid 2.5" lift and cost roughly $375.00 ish... Depends where you get them. I got them on Amazon for $340 I believe.

Please do not do the plastic spacers, terrible option imo. Good luck bud, my truck rides SO MUCH better than before and I too had the steering wheel bump steer issue. All gone now. After you install everything ride on it for about 500 miles then got get an alignment. Give it some time to settle, my alignment went fine and did not need any new camber bolts or whatever they are called.

Keep us updated...

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:29 pm

Im running Armada springs the towing and 4x4 package ones and my old rubber spacers and my air bags pretty much the stiffest you can get. You will have alignment issues but you dont have a choice when lifting.

I would recommend that without spacers and try it.

All custom fabrication

The rear sits 1" lower then the front.

Farmer21

Postby Farmer21 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:30 am

Thanks guys,

I just ordered the rancho quick strut fronts and Rears from rock auto actually got a $120 rebate so after rebate paid like 377 pretty good deal. Order the medium springs and airbags I'll install bags when I get the alignment done.

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:46 am

Farmer21 wrote:Thanks guys,

I just ordered the rancho quick strut fronts and Rears from rock auto actually got a $120 rebate so after rebate paid like 377 pretty good deal. Order the medium springs and airbags I'll install bags when I get the alignment done.
Nice choices, you will be happy. What kinda tires you gonna go with?

Farmer21

Postby Farmer21 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:30 am

I currently run general grabber at2 265/65/17s I love them for up here in upstate ny snow. But I would like to go to 285/75r17s

Just got the truck up on the lift to make sure there wasn't anything I should order while its apart. What was Nissan thinking with that exhaust. Guess its upgrade that too.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”