Replace dual Climate control System in LE with standard one?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

artistiq

Replace dual Climate control System in LE with standard one?

Postby artistiq » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:56 am

I have a 2006 Pathfinder LE with the dual climate control system and it displays the climate control information in the navigation LCD screen (temp, on/off, mode, etc.).

I want to replace the entire stereo system and remove the navigation, but then I would be left with a climate control system that may not work and no way to display the info.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows if I can swap out the dual climate control system with just a standard stock climate control face. I know I would lose the dual features, but I don't really care about that. I just want basic controls to perform the standard actions of turning it on/off, fan level, cold/hot temp, defrost, vents, floor, A/C, etc.

I'm not sure if this would require just some minimal rearing or if it is just no possible due to the complexity of the electrical system.

lebanesepathy

Postby lebanesepathy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:29 pm

I think the eu one has both the navi and the small lcd. But you must change the dash because I dnt think you want a head unit and still keep the buttons of the navi. Don't know if that helps.

artistiq

Postby artistiq » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks for the reply @lebanesepathy

I'm not familiar with the eu version - but yeah, I expect that I would have to update my dash panel to accommodate the new components.

Here is an image explaining what I would like to do:
[/img]

Also- if anyone who sees this is a moderator, can you please move it to the electronics Category or a more appropriate one. This was my first post.

Thanks

lebanesepathy

Postby lebanesepathy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:05 pm

If your luck it would be a wiring thing so you just plug the new climate controls coz they are removable. Pretty sure some of the guys here will help you out I lack the knowledge so be a bit and good luck :D

lebanesepathy

Postby lebanesepathy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:20 pm

I forgot to say that the non-navi pathfinder have two different dashes ( don't know if anybody noticed). Mine has the one the supports navi u could see that the ac vents lools as if the are cut(like the one in the pic you posted( but most of them are were the vent looks a perfect "quarilateral". Be careful if ordering a new dash you don't want anything sitting improperly.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 am

My experience working with Nissan is that the Bose models tend to use an entirely different main harness than the non-Bose models.

lebanesepathy

Postby lebanesepathy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:19 am

smj999smj wrote:My experience working with Nissan is that the Bose models tend to use an entirely different main harness than the non-Bose models.
That's for sure considering that there's the amp and 10 different speakers. But I guess the navi is the same as the bose. I have a 2005 service manual, would it help you guys ?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:16 pm

You can look at the wiring diagrams and see how they compare, as well as connector views. Or, you can just go to a site like NissanPartsZone.com and compare the part numbers of the main harness for the two different models and see if they are the same or not. My guess is that they'll be different, but who knows?

Mor10

Postby Mor10 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:39 pm

artistiq wrote:Thanks for the reply @lebanesepathy

I'm not familiar with the eu version - but yeah, I expect that I would have to update my dash panel to accommodate the new components.

Here is an image explaining what I would like to do:
[/img]

Also- if anyone who sees this is a moderator, can you please move it to the electronics Category or a more appropriate one. This was my first post.

Thanks
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can purchase the panel on the right?
I've been looking for days to find the correct parts number for this With no Luck.

jerry147

Re: Replace dual Climate control System in LE with standard

Postby jerry147 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:18 pm

artistiq wrote:I have a 2006 Pathfinder LE with the dual climate control system and it displays the climate control information in the navigation LCD screen (temp, on/off, mode, etc.).

I want to replace the entire stereo system and remove the navigation, but then I would be left with a climate control air conditioning that may not work and no way to display the info.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows if I can swap out the dual climate control system with just a standard stock climate control face. I know I would lose the dual features, but I don't really care about that. I just want basic controls to perform the standard actions of turning it on/off, fan level, cold/hot temp, defrost, vents, floor, A/C, etc.

I'm not sure if this would require just some minimal rearing or if it is just no possible due to the complexity of the electrical system.
Yeah it is possible to change you climate control system no any complexity of electricity system happen. Don't have to worry about that.

jerry147

Re: Replace dual Climate control System in LE with standard

Postby jerry147 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:18 pm

artistiq wrote:I have a 2006 Pathfinder LE with the dual climate control system and it displays the climate control information in the navigation LCD screen (temp, on/off, mode, etc.).

I want to replace the entire stereo system and remove the navigation, but then I would be left with a climate control air conditioning that may not work and no way to display the info.

Yeah it is possible to change you climate control system no any complexity of electricity system happen. Don't have to worry about that.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”