Removing/Replacing Main Power Window Switch

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

hamncheese

Removing/Replacing Main Power Window Switch

Postby hamncheese » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:24 am

Anyone have a tutorial on removing/replacing main power window switch?

Looks like I'll have to replace mine and before I tackle the job, I'd like any advice on doing so.

Thanks for any help.

Note: Main Power Window Switch part #25750 (Driver's Door)

Somber Goat

Postby Somber Goat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:51 am

Butter knife along bottom edge, gently pry along there and move it around the edge slowly and the whole unit will come up, (screwdriver will mark up the edge) couple screws to get the panel off the switches and then just unplug the wiring harness for the windows, window lock & door lock.

Replace and reverse to install.

Replaced mine last year.

psinsyd

Postby psinsyd » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:27 pm

This forum and the search function are great.

My front passenger window switch on the driver's side door stopped working and I'm figuring it's the switch also.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:09 pm

yep, the search function works really well, as does the service manual that we have available here with a just a few clicks of the mouse

Somber Goat

Postby Somber Goat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:24 am

Just a heads up, with my nissan replacement switch after a couple years the auto-up feature for the drivers side window went a little crazy.

When you engage the auto-up it will definitely go from any open position but when it hits the top sill the finger safety kicks in and comes back down 2 inches, never fully closing. Leaving user intervention to raise it back to the sill for full closure.

So keep your receipt!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Somber Goat wrote:Just a heads up, with my nissan replacement switch after a couple years the auto-up feature for the drivers side window went a little crazy.

When you engage the auto-up it will definitely go from any open position but when it hits the top sill the finger safety kicks in and comes back down 2 inches, never fully closing. Leaving user intervention to raise it back to the sill for full closure.

So keep your receipt!
Sounds like you need to relearn your window stop setting on your power window motor. There should be a button on the motor to do that.

Somber Goat

Postby Somber Goat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Didn't know I could reset that setting. Thanks I'll take a look when I have the time to pull the door apart unless that's something that can be tweaked via another method.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Yeah, but I forget the procedure. It'll be listed in the service manual. The button may be hidden behind behind a round sticker about the size of a quarter. You either press the button and hold it in while you roll the window all the way down and release the button, or you hold the button in while you roll the window all the way up and release it. It's been quite a few years since I did one.

psinsyd

Postby psinsyd » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:47 pm

eieio wrote:yep, the search function works really well, as does the service manual that we have available here with a just a few clicks of the mouse
You got it, man. Downloaded that as soon as I picked up the Pathy! Coming in handy, for sure.

psinsyd

Postby psinsyd » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:09 pm

Looking at this part, I can't believe they want around $220 for this thing.

Wevvie

Replacing the Master window switch 2011 Pathfinder S

Postby Wevvie » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:39 pm

If one of your windows will go down but not up, you probably don't need to replace the master switch.
My driver's side rear window started going down but not up from the master control but would go up from the switch on that door.
Using an old credit card and starting at the sides (the control has to actually slide forward to be removed) pry gently up so you can see the releases and press the credit card against those while prying up. The control will pop out.
Remove the wiring harness by pressing on the releases there.
You may pull on the window lock button and pop it off, unscrew the three phillips screws that hold the control to the cover.
Pulling outward on the black plastic around the white circuit board cover near the catches, remove that cover. You will see your control microswitches. I used some silicone spray and sprayed it into the controls, working them around and then blowing them out with compressed air. Repeated this a few times, then connected the wiring (with everything removed, turned on the key and operated the windows to be sure my cleaning had worked and it had. Saved myself at least $80 for a new switch panel.
Reinstallation is simple and it just pops back in.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:32 pm

You might have to clean it out eventually again.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Replacing the Master window switch 2011 Pathfinder S

Postby eieio » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Wevvie wrote:If one of your windows will go down but not up, you probably don't need to replace the master switch.
My driver's side rear window started going down but not up from the master control but would go up from the switch on that door.
Using an old credit card and starting at the sides (the control has to actually slide forward to be removed) pry gently up so you can see the releases and press the credit card against those while prying up. The control will pop out.
Remove the wiring harness by pressing on the releases there.
You may pull on the window lock button and pop it off, unscrew the three phillips screws that hold the control to the cover.
Pulling outward on the black plastic around the white circuit board cover near the catches, remove that cover. You will see your control microswitches. I used some silicone spray and sprayed it into the controls, working them around and then blowing them out with compressed air. Repeated this a few times, then connected the wiring (with everything removed, turned on the key and operated the windows to be sure my cleaning had worked and it had. Saved myself at least $80 for a new switch panel.
Reinstallation is simple and it just pops back in.
which switch specifically was causing the drivers side rear window to not go up?
was it the switch for that window in the master switch, or was it the window lock button? :?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”