2 A/C issues...Related?

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Madcapper03

2 A/C issues...Related?

Postby Madcapper03 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:56 pm

So I have a couple issues with my 2005 SE...I just bought it a few months ago, and it has 95k miles. AC blows cold when driving.

1. When idling the ac warms up significantly. After I start driving again, it cools back down ice cold pretty quick. This symptom is present whether I just turned the car on, or if I have driven a long distance.

I read the TSB about the evaporator freezing up, and since my issue is persistent no matter the drive time, I am at a loss here.

2. The a/c blower seems anemic. It sounds like its working real hard, and changes speeds through the full range of air speeds available on the "knob" but even cranked full blast, driving at highway speed, when my AC is nice and cold, it never truly cools the truck down. I could drive for 2 hours with it cranked full blast, and never get cool enough where I feel the need to turn it down.

I'm thinking VBC for the blower issue...but not sure if that's it as my A/C blows at different levels through the full range of the knob.

Any help?

Thanks.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:32 pm

Have you checked the cabin air filters, lately? Does the coolant temp rise above halfway when idling?... If so, you may need a new fan clutch. Having a read on the A/C pressures would be helpful. As far as the VBC, I highly doubt that's the issue.

Madcapper03

Postby Madcapper03 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:36 pm

Filter is clean.

Temp stays steady. Although it used to overheat, I put new rad/overflow caps on and burped it real good and that issue went away.

Return to “R51 General Chat”