How many mile does your wd21 have?

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

1987PathyCoupe

Postby 1987PathyCoupe » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:31 am

1987, 3.0, 198,900 original miles.

Issues:

When letting off the gas at 35mph to coast, the RPM's jump and it sounds like the torque converter is letting go of the engine then grapping again. Once under 30mph it stops, then starts again at lower MPH. Tranny never slips though in any gears. more of an annoyance right now.

At idle sounds like it has a miss, has new plugs, wires, cap/rotor, I have adjusted the timing both ways, still has that that miss sound, then at really high RPM's it starts to miss then fix itself.

Exhaust leaks, multiple broken studs (not looking forward to that fix/project)

Tach does not work

Blower motor only works on level 1

High pressure P/S hose leaks, so no P/S right now

Original AC works tho!

My first off road rig, it has only been to the trails once, but had no issues!

Anxious to get the issues worked out and have one nice rig :)
[/img]

stangkilla1

Postby stangkilla1 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:12 am

89 pathy se v6 4x4 277,000km strong.Got the truck 5 years ago for 500$ with an aparent headgasket but was not headgasket after i changed belt pump all the cam seals and other do dads. turns out it was the main wiring harness that fed the distributor was rotten it wouldnt start but rotated. weird but hasnt let me down ever! its been driven since 2011 never a prob.

Fixittom

Postby Fixittom » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself by answering this question about Pathfinder mileage.

I've got a 1991 5 speed 4X4 with 122,000 miles on it. When I found it in 2006 it had 97,000 miles on it. It sat for 4 1/2 years, but after a new battery, it started right up. It ran a little rough, but I put some fresh gas which helped a lot. I drove it to Costco and got some new tires. After I drove it home it got a new timing belt and water pump. Passed its smog test and has been running well ever since.

I do have a question, though. Eventually, I'll need to replace the fuel pump and, from what I've heard, I should get a Nissan original factory pump rather than an aftermarket pump. What is the name of the manufacturer that builds this fuel pump? And, where is the best place to purchase this original pump. I'm sure my local Nissan dealer will sell me one, but the cost will be astronomical. I'm hoping to order one online if that's possible.

Thanks a lot, Tom

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Fixittom wrote:Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself by answering this question about Pathfinder mileage.

I've got a 1991 5 speed 4X4 with 122,000 miles on it. When I found it in 2006 it had 97,000 miles on it. It sat for 4 1/2 years, but after a new battery, it started right up. It ran a little rough, but I put some fresh gas which helped a lot. I drove it to Costco and got some new tires. After I drove it home it got a new timing belt and water pump. Passed its smog test and has been running well ever since.

I do have a question, though. Eventually, I'll need to replace the fuel pump and, from what I've heard, I should get a Nissan original factory pump rather than an aftermarket pump. What is the name of the manufacturer that builds this fuel pump? And, where is the best place to purchase this original pump. I'm sure my local Nissan dealer will sell me one, but the cost will be astronomical. I'm hoping to order one online if that's possible.
Thanks a lot, Tom
Tom welcome to ThePath!!!! :D

ye those fuel pumps are not cheap. and we usually recommend OEM...
BUT in your case it may be worth to go cheaper.
Why?
a) those fuels pumps are seriously spendy!
b) you seem like a Gent who does his own labor.. so if pump lasts only 4 yrs instead of 12 it likely wont be as abig a deal to you to put it in again.
Some of us pay huge lanor rates so to minimize those costs we go OEM only.

The pump may not be one of those MUST be OEM parts like a MAF for example.

Fixittom

Postby Fixittom » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome!

I've done a little research, but I'm not sure. Is the name of the original fuel pump manufacturer JECS? If that's correct, do you know the part number?

I'm the kind of person who does my own work, but this Pathfinder is different from what I usually work on. If I'm in the wrecking yard, I'd like to be able to identify the original manufacturer's name and know the correct part number for this fuel pump.

Keith Noneya

95 4WD SE Pathy 295,958K

Postby Keith Noneya » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:44 am

My 95 4WD Pathy 3.0L has 295,958 miles on it as of this morning.
Repairs so far:
- Master Brake Cylinder. Video on YT search Keith Noneya
- Brake pads.
- O2 Sensor. Video on YT search Keith Noneya
- Radiator, plastic top cracked.
- Fusible Link, 2-wire one, at the Positive Battery Terminal. Caused no start Condition & no dash lights or head lights.
- Starter x 2.
- Rubber Fuel lines above gas tank.
- Ignition Switch.
- Drivers door key lock.
- Idler pulley.
- Alternator.
- misc belts and vacuum hoses.
This 3.0 just keeps running!

pilotgirl

Mileage

Postby pilotgirl » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:00 pm

278,900 on the odo. In the family since 1997, personally owned since 2004 (it was my younger brother's first vehicle when he turned 16 (with 15K miles) and I bought it off him for $500 7 years later after he totally abused it at college.

Anyway, daily driver, road warrior, have replaced nearly everything, though the next fixes before they break items are the oil pump, tie rods and the exhaust manifold gaskets.

Timing belt at 139K, 198K, and 265K
Valve cover gaskets at 270k
Transmission rebuilt at 200K
*NEW* Cerwin Vega 6.5" speakers in the front (yay!) ...back are new too but there's a ground issue with feedback probably in the RCA or the radio head itself.
New belts, hoses, fuel lines, radiator fan last year.
New rear shocks last year, and calipers/rotors
New front shocks the year before, and calipers/rotors.

NEEDS PAINT!! Need to buzz more rust off of it...

Looking for window trim for the back and front side windows.

Plan to drive it to the moon and back...only around 200K miles to go!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:23 am

Wow those are some great numbers and descriptive posts on those classics!

keep 'em coming! :D

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”