Anyone try the new fallen wild peak AT3W?

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Malt

Anyone try the new fallen wild peak AT3W?

Postby Malt » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:33 pm

Hey all, like the title says... Anyone try the new wild peak AT3W?

I think I'm going to pick up a pair in stock size, 149 a tire seems like a great deal.

ccking85

Postby ccking85 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:34 am

From what I have heard they have great reviews. I have a friend that just picked some up for his 4Runner but he doesn't have that many miles on them yet. But so far he likes them.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Funny you mention this tire I was getting some snow tires installed on one of our Ford Focus service cars for work and there was a guy with a Chevy truck having his Wild Peak AT/3 tires rotated he already had 5,000 miles on them. I asked what he thought of them? He said so far so good they ride nice are pretty quiet great in the rain and he can't comment on snow yet but is looking forward to the snow test.

Malt

Postby Malt » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

I went with them, had them on for about a week thus far. MPG is up about 1-1.5. I went from 275-70/r17s BFG TA/KO back to stock size, so they're smaller and lighter. Today was the first rain test, they were great. I hit the gas a little around a turn where I would slip with the BFGs and there was no traction loss at all. Very happy there.

Will report on dirt soon, hopefully not much longer to wait for snow!

Malt

Postby Malt » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:23 pm

My wife took my daughter to soccer today (this has to do with tires, I swear). The parking lot is really lose gravel, clearly no one rolled it when it was put down. Lose enough to the point that if you turn your wheel to lock you'll get stuck in it.

A few weeks back my wife did, in fact, get stuck. Today when I asked how the tires were in the parking lot she said "huh, I didn't notice. Wait, that's awesome, I didn't notice anything!" As in, not a slip was made...

I, of course, had to drive over and play around in the gravel myself and I have to say I'm happy. They seem on pair with what I think i remember the BFGs being like in the past...always so hard to judge these things after a few thousand miles pass.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”