Bose Navi Parrot Handsfree Install WALKTHROUGH

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Kael2001

Bose Navi Parrot Handsfree Install WALKTHROUGH

Postby Kael2001 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:25 pm

I have the UK Model pathy, with the Bose sound system, Navigation and BUILT IN CD changer.

Ive been looking for ways to have an AUX / iPhone in option on the stereo, but as I have the built in CD changer, (that is important), I can't use the CD changer emulation adapters available out there. Also as this is the UK model there is no SAT option or Rear AV option.
Also not having ISO cables is a bit of a pain!
Discussed here: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

So having looked through the options, my best bet was a Handsfree system that had Aux In, and iPod Connectors.

Luckily I had saved the Parrot MKi9100 from a previous car before it went to scrap!
So all I needed to fit it was a 10-556 SOT break out cable from InCarTec:
https://incartec.co.uk/Pages/Product.aspx?P=3035

I forgot to take a picture of the cables and box pre - installation, but I have to take the dash out again to refit a forgotten screw, so will add them then

The break out cable plugs into EVERY cable from the Parrot Box and then goes to the back of the radio, with a female connector for the OEM lead.

To get the Dash apart is amazingly simple, some people suggest trim removal tools, but I managed to do it with my bare hands and a philips head screwdriver!

Remove the cup holder by pulling up and back, the lift the trim around the shifter. (It helps to be in drive to get the knob further back):

You can unclip all the cables attached to the trim, but i just swung it out to the side and it stayed there pretty well.

Kael2001

Postby Kael2001 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:30 pm

Next unclip the trim around the radio and screen by again pulling up and back, it should just pop right off.

This is a little harder to move out of the way, so you can unclip MOST of the clips behind. DO NOT undo the air bag indicator light as it could cause problems or errors with the system. Instead just remove the whole light from the trim.

Then there are 4 screws holding the radio in 2 above and 2 below.

Pull the radio out and look behind and you should see:
(borrowed from the above post)

Disconnect the larger connection (on the right in the photo) and connect in the wiring loom from the SOT cable and re connect OEM cable to female side of the SOT.

Kael2001

Postby Kael2001 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:31 pm

The break out / SOT cable has a ground wire loop which i just hooked under one of the lower screws when re installing the unit (The OEM stereo uses the bracket as ground anyway).

I ran the Parrot iPod/aux in leads across into the glove box for now, and the screen wire up to the right of the stereo (Pics to follow)
And thats it!
Re fitting the dash is simply the reverse of removal
It works great!

Kael2001

Postby Kael2001 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:43 pm

I use the Bluetooth of the Parrot over the car, as its much better, but if you just want aux in abilities you can simplify the install as you don't need the microphone cable and the remote can be attached discreetly to the dash.

So now i have not only bluetooth audio in the mutes the radio, i can have USB and Aux 3.5mm jack as well.

As my unit is version 3.x+ it can control the iPhone via a lightning cable in the USB port, so eventually i am going to replace the centre console charger socket with one of these:
https://incartec.co.uk/Pages/Product.aspx?P=4611
so it will look a lot more stock than it currently does

Wearethesound

Postby Wearethesound » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Kael2001, did you ever get pics of the final install? I'm wanting to do this to mine but I'm not sure if I have the Bose stereo. If I don't I'm wondering if this set up will still work. I have a 2007 Aventura with nav and Bluetooth. Wanting to remain stock as possible in appearance. Does this allow the steering wheel controls to be functional used for your iPhone? Great write up btw. Finally some answers for U.K. Pathy owners.

Kael2001

Postby Kael2001 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:12 am

Wearethesound wrote:Kael2001, did you ever get pics of the final install? I'm wanting to do this to mine but I'm not sure if I have the Bose stereo. If I don't I'm wondering if this set up will still work. I have a 2007 Aventura with nav and Bluetooth. Wanting to remain stock as possible in appearance. Does this allow the steering wheel controls to be functional used for your iPhone? Great write up btw. Finally some answers for U.K. Pathy owners.
I can grab you some photos tonight if you like.
It doesn't link with the steering wheel controls, but it has its own remote that attaches to the steering wheel. (It can link to the controls but you need an extra piece of kit)

If you have the sat nav then you have the Bose system like mine.

Wearethesound

Postby Wearethesound » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:52 pm

If you have pictures already that would be great, but no need to go take some just for me to see where you mounted your setup. I did have a few more questions. Does the sat nav voice over still work while using the parrot to listen to music? also I was thinking if I have to have an additional screen kind of wanting to mount it above the rear view mirror but that would also depend on how much the brightness can be dimmed, which leads me to my next two questions. Does it have enough wire to be routed up the door column across to the rear view mirror and how dimmable is the screen (I do quite a bit of night driving) thanks for the reply.

Kael2001

Postby Kael2001 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:40 pm

Wearethesound wrote:If you have pictures already that would be great, but no need to go take some just for me to see where you mounted your setup. I did have a few more questions. Does the sat nav voice over still work while using the parrot to listen to music? also I was thinking if I have to have an additional screen kind of wanting to mount it above the rear view mirror but that would also depend on how much the brightness can be dimmed, which leads me to my next two questions. Does it have enough wire to be routed up the door column across to the rear view mirror and how dimmable is the screen (I do quite a bit of night driving) thanks for the reply.
You can set it up so that it doesn't mute when streaming music if you want to hear the sat nav instructions as well, it's a simple menu option.

i can't remember of hand how long the screen cable is, but I'm not sure it will reach the mirror

The screen has night and day modes, and it dims to a similar brightness as the dash when you switch over to night mode.

Wearethesound

Postby Wearethesound » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:10 am

Ok. Thanks for the info. I was looking for something less expensive but this seems to be the only way I'm finding that works on a U.K. Pathy without chopping up an electrical fitting and forcing it to fit. Such a pain. I've seen on other threads that some pathys have a clarion nav. Seems like early 07 sometime is when they stopped fitting the clarion and went strictly to the Bose unit. But again I'm not seeing anything for sure. So unless you're sure mine would be a Bose I'll have to wait to order the part till I pull the unit out and check. Although I'm thinking the connectors should be the same regardless of which nav unit is installed.

Wearethesound

Postby Wearethesound » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:47 am

so i pulled my dash apart (super easy like you said) but it would appear i have a Clarion stereo....

with these connectors....

did the back of yours look like this?

Kael2001

Postby Kael2001 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Yep the radio is made by clarion and looks exactly like that. (The amp/nav unit is Bose)
The large plug on the bottom of your photo below the black patch is the plug you need to patch into the SOT lead

Return to “R51 Electrical”