R51 owners

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

R51 owners

Postby Kestral » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:06 am

Now that winter is around the corner just a reminder to check your truck over and check some important things like your coolant for both low temp resistance, quality and level, If your battery is more then two years old it would be smart to have it load tested. Tires check the tread .. Snow tires are the best if you live in the snow belt if not there are several A/T tires on the market that do great in the snow it's a good idea to ask here before you buy as someone has prob owned that tire before.

It's a good idea to run a synthetic oil in the winter if your truck is left outside and it gets below zero where you live. A 0W30 or 5W30 would be my choice. Keep in mind that not all synthetic oils are equal and extrem cold is one place that major differences can show up. The first winter with my R51 V6 running Formula Shell full synthetic 5w30 my truck started much slower and had more starting noise compared to Mobil 1 5W30. To be honest I have also had real good luck and low cold start drag with Wall Mart ST Synthetic oil 5w30. (One of the best sleeper oils on the market) Made by a few companies depending on where you live. Here is MA ours is made by Warren Performance products or should I say blended and distributed by.

It is smart to stay on top of your truck as far as maintenance it will last longer and treat you right in the long run. I use my truck for personal use and work so I check things on mine quite often.

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:37 pm

Thanks for the reminder!

Return to “R51 General Chat”