XTP Intake manifold spacer (IMS) F/S!

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:42 am

alivette wrote:AZ_Path,

When you say, "I haven't towed with it yet, but the test drive last night felt good", what do you mean exactly? Was there a noticeable difference in performance or a moderate one? Just curious...

Thanks!
Sorry I never answered this, I just now saw it.

After I installed it I took a test drive and wide open throttle felt strong in the mid to upper RPM range where this mod is increasing your power. I was only using the butt-dyno so it was subjective. I would say it felt noticeably stronger. Of course we all know that subjective analysis isn't reliable. I've been messing around with the Torque app recently trying to figure out how to read my trans temp. It would have been nice if I used the App for a before and after reading of acceleration, but I wasn't familiar with the App at the time. I mainly relied upon the dyno data from the XTP website and feedback from others who were happy with the mod.

Since that time I've done plenty of towing to the local lakes, but I'm usually driving conservatively. I'm curious to see if I notice much difference the next time I go to Roosevelt. There are steep grades to climb going there and that is one of the main reasons I installed this part. I'm planning to go camping there later this year so it I'll find out before too long. The HP and Torque gains are significant for a simple mod, but I'm not expecting this thing to tow like a diesel. Just a little more power in the mid to upper RPM range instead of near the redline.

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 pm

I have all colors available! A great mod for these engines! http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6

ValleyWalker

nice!!

Postby ValleyWalker » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:43 pm

I just got mine and had my mechanic put it on for me. Had to post a thank you for your patience and especially for the forum discount!
Thanks!!!

Sergio169

Postby Sergio169 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:29 pm

You still selling these?? I went to the website and saw the group buy for the US and was wondering if it is still going on.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:09 pm

I installed mine about a month ago. I did have to shave a little off of the top of the support bracket for the upper plenum because it was pushing the plastic plenum up a hair with the bolts installed. It wasn't a big deal...just broke out the carbide burr and grinded a little bit of the metal bracket away. I did install new Fel-pro plenum seals and would recommend anyone putting this on their vehicle to do the same if they are near 100,000 miles or more. It definitely feels stronger in the mid-range than it did before! I'm also expecting it to be easier to replace the spark plugs without pulling the plenum off to be easier with the extra room.

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Still in stock! More available!

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:23 pm

Shipping worldwide! Enthusiasts are running these in Australia, Tokyo, United Emirates, Canada, Mexico and all over the USA. Great gains for the $. One of the best mods for our engines! More ready to go! Don't believe me? have you run one? :)

Swerve

Postby Swerve » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:14 pm

smj999smj wrote:I did have to shave a little off of the top of the support bracket for the upper plenum because it was pushing the plastic plenum up a hair with the bolts installed. It wasn't a big deal...just broke out the carbide burr and grinded a little bit of the metal bracket away. I did install new Fel-pro plenum seals and would recommend anyone putting this on their vehicle to do the same if they are near 100,000 miles or more.
Thanks for the tip on the plenum seals. Noted for the combo job of IMS install and spark plugs swap.

This support bracket you shaved... i’m thinking this is on all years right? I found this 2 part install video and looks straight forward enough.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category ... 10/videos/

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:12 pm

All years should have the same support bracket, so, "yes."

namanjohnson101

Postby namanjohnson101 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:48 am

I will have Red, Black and Blue available by the weekend! Smile

Swerve

Re: XTP Intake manifold spacer (IMS) F/S!

Postby Swerve » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:35 pm

Just got mine in Silver. Man it is shiny and a really nice piece! Can’t wait to install it!

lebowski

Postby lebowski » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Just ordered mine, don't know how long shipping to europe takes. Was wondering: The spacer will raise the manifold, will the two 12mm bolts holding the manifold on the passenger side still line up with the holes? Or do I need to apply some pressure to bend it down?

Regards, Norbert

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:13 am

lebowski wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:05 pm
Just ordered mine, don't know how long shipping to europe takes. Was wondering: The spacer will raise the manifold, will the two 12mm bolts holding the manifold on the passenger side still line up with the holes? Or do I need to apply some pressure to bend it down?

Regards, Norbert
You don't want to put pressure on a plastic plenum! The spacer will lift the plenum so that the bolt holes on the plenum will sit just above the top edge of the bracket. In my case, I needed to take a round file and file some indentions at the top edge of the bracket so my bolts could thread into the plenum without putting any load on them.

lebowski

Postby lebowski » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:06 am

smj999smj wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:13 am
lebowski wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Regards, Norbert
You don't want to put pressure on a plastic plenum! The spacer will lift the plenum so that the bolt holes on the plenum will sit just above the top edge of the bracket. In my case, I needed to take a round file and file some indentions at the top edge of the bracket so my bolts could thread into the plenum without putting any load on them.
RTFM, the installation manual actually describes this issue on the last page. Depending on how the holes align I might cut a small piece of metal to connect the plenum to the bracket.

lebowski

Postby lebowski » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:56 pm

Finally installed the spacer. The effect is there, feels like the engine picks up easier and quicker from 1500 rpm. Don't know the impact on milage yet. Makes you wonder why nissan didn't desgin the plenum like this in the first place.

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”