2008 Pathfinder LE 4x4

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Netdewt

2008 Pathfinder LE 4x4

Postby Netdewt » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:01 am

I just purchased "new" 2008 Pathfinder LE 4x4 with 67k miles. I'd love some feedback from you guys on what I should maintain and upgrade!

I plan to tow 3000lb boat plus plenty of weight in the vehicle. Should I install any towing aids?

I have a CSF radiator ready to install. My trans and engine are clean, but I don't want to risk it.

I'd like to black out or paint match my chrome grill. I don't want it to be cheesy, so I'm open to a new part. The wheels will stay silver.

Is a Volant CAI worthwhile? I want to improve mileage as much as I can.

Thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:25 am

The rear suspension is a weak point on the R51. Most usually install Airlift 1000 air bags and replace the rear shocks with Bilstein HD's. The are plenty of threads here on the Airlift install. Another option would be to replace the rear springs with Moog units, rather than or in addition to the air bags.

The factory air box is really not that bad of a design. Unless you are going to be making a lot more mods, like headers and low flow exhaust, a tuner, plenum spacer, etc., an aftermarket CAI system is really not going to make make difference other than the noise level. The Volant is one of the lower cost, closed box style systems. Injen makes a nice system, as well, and, personally, I use the aFe Momentum CAI system, which is really nice but pricey.

A lot of people, including myself, like the XTP plenum spacer:

http://extremetruckperformance.com/

A tuner with a tow mode feature, aka Superchips or Bully Dog, makes a big difference on performance.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”