New wheels on my '05 Pathfinder - 285/50R20 - tire pressure?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

mrobers

New wheels on my '05 Pathfinder - 285/50R20 - tire pressure?

Postby mrobers » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:59 pm

I've just put some new wheels and tires on my recently bought Pathfinder over here in the Netherlands (Europe) and I do like how the stance looks now. Somewhat more aggressive and not too ricy.

They are Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50R20 on KMC Rockstar 2 (9x20). Stock suspension and no rubbing.

Only thing I can't figure out is what tire pressure I should run. Any recommendations?

Image[/img]

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:04 pm

Recommended tire pressure is usually written on the tire, some small print.

It really depends on the tire, less rubber between rim and road means you need more pressure to keep the rim from hitting the ground when you hit a hard bump. But that in turn makes for a rougher ride, kind of a trade off with bigger rims though. I would try it at 45 psi and if it's too harsh try 40psi. Remember that incorrect tire pressure can also affect the wearing out of the tire Abd cause scalloping or cupping.

The set up looks sweet though. If your just going for looks and not going off the beaten path I would recommend a 2" spacer lift like the one PRG sells.

I found this from cooper tires, might help you out
http://us.coopertire.com/Tire-Safety/Ti ... ation.aspx

mrobers

Postby mrobers » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:40 am

Thanks!

I am not planning on going offroad (I have my Jeep Cherokee and Rally Grand Cherokee for that fun) so a 2" lift would be sufficient for good looks.

Currently I am running 36 psi (2.5 bar) and I have the feeling it is on the hard side but time has to tell (looking at the wear pattern).

I really like the looks of the Pathfinder right now and it drives great. I did notice a bit more sensitivity to steering but that might be because of the wider tires.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”