Driver Side Seat Switch

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

KellyGee

Driver Side Seat Switch

Postby KellyGee » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:25 pm

I love my R51. I really do...but...

I asked my brother to take my Patty to get its new tires the other day. Well, he is a rather large fella and required him to lean the seat way back to fit comfortably. When I get the car back, I press the button to lean the seat forward and I get nothing. I push the switch the other way and I go even further into my gangsta position. I am not liking this at all. I get underneath and start moving the wires around a little and somehow the seat moves to a more tolerable position. Fast forward to today, I couldn't take it any longer and I pulled off the motor that ratchets the tilt and put some vice grips on the bar and manually cranked the seat to where I need. I disconnected the motor so that it won't go back by accident
Anyway, I am fairly sure that the switch is not working in the raise position but I don't know how to get it out. I tried to slip it through one of the hole and was almost there but was hindered with the electrical wires.

Anybody have a similar situation or a remedy? I really don't want to drop $175 the dealer is charging for a replacement switch. I am going to post this in the maintenance section as well but wanted to ask my brothers and sisters in arms for any assistance.

Thanks all,
Kel

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”