Stereo Install Thread

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Tusk

Stereo Install Thread

Postby Tusk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:39 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I sold my "fun" car this past summer and went through some withdrawals so I went on a modding binge and then I had to do my typical stereo upgrades. Personally I had a heck of a time trying to find info and options out there, but it just seems like this platform is one that's really not tweaked a lot. I'm just realizing that I can't upload pictures directly to the site, so those might have to come at a later time :(

Back story- I've had the audio bug since the "Golden Area" back in the 90's. Been there done that..... time to do it again.

Simple layout (2012 LE w/NAV, bought in 2014)-
Stock Head unit

Zapco LOC / Line Driver (BOSE head unit output voltage was too low for the MS-8)
JBL MS-8 DSP

Zapco ST-5D (Tweeters, midrange, and subs)
Zapco ST2D (Midbass)

SB Acoustics 1" soft dome tweeter (Stock location)
SB Acoustics 4" pulp midrange (Kick panel)
SB Acoustics 6.5" carbon fiber midbass (Stock location)
SB Acoustics 10" slim aluminum subs (Yet to be fitted)

Stinger wiring and sound deadening. 0 AWG power with the "big 3" and 12 AWG for the speaker wiring.

All the speakers are from the home audio realm as I vowed never to by car stereo speakers again. ROI just isn't there in my opinion. Amps, DSP, and LOC are tucked under the front seats.

I'll try and get some pictures up at some point, but it is a miracle I had time to even post this up :)
[/img]

MarkSheriff

Postby MarkSheriff » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:28 am

im pretty big on car audio myself and ive done the whole audio system, id love to see pictures of your setup along the way

pioneer radio, nvx door speakers and nvx 4 channel amp, kenwood sub amp and sundown audio 10" subwoofers. audio control matrix plus line driver.

if you need help on the o gauge ground upgrade through our pathy's voltage sensor, i made this post: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=13128

Tusk

Final have pictures!

Postby Tusk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:34 am

I don't have any pictures of the sound deadening of the rear doors or the rear areas. The box is just temporary behind the second row. 90% sure the 3rd row seats are coming out and they would go into the floor. Been super busy with our second kiddo that is just 6 weeks old.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:48 am

Wow fantastic! It reminds me of my 80's and 90's cars I had many custom audio cars and working at a quality home and car audio shop at the time helped. The stock system in my 2012 Pathy was junk I just could not deal with the sound! So I made some improvements I did not want to go wild like the old days so here is my list.

Alpine head unit (forget the model but it was one of the top models 3 years ago)

Memphis audio separates in the front and rear that are just (ok) to my ears but others think they sound great. (Just good enough not to get the old heave ho!)

Power comes from a small Alpine 4 Ch amp I believe 40 or 50 wats per channel. And a Alpine 500 watt amp at 2 ohms for the sub.

The sub is a JBL 10" in a sealed box that frankly does not play low or loud enough for my liking.

Good for now I guess.

Tusk

Postby Tusk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:13 pm

That was the heyday!

Back then I had a 91 Talon I competed with. Eclipse 5303R,Boston Accoustics speakers and subs,Soundstream 10.0 and Picasso.

Last car i just sold (wish I would have kept it....) Was an 06 GTO. Alpine 910 hand H701, MB Quart signature/QSD 3 way front and subs. Some weird MBQ Q Series amps.

Damn thing is a sickness to me :)

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Just had to throw this up, due to people getting all nostalgic and everything.

My 93 Toyota paseo I had 15 years ago, lol.

Return to “R51 Electrical”