Any idea what this is?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

EvilTheCat

Any idea what this is?

Postby EvilTheCat » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:44 pm

There's a tiny vent next to the cubby hole below the climate controls. Basically where the cigarette lighter is but on the driver side. I installed the mic for my new Bluetooth stereo next to it and my wife says it sounds like there's a fan blowing when I talk to her through the stereo. I was just curious what it's purpose is.

Last edited by EvilTheCat on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:03 pm

I believe there is a fan there and, if memory serves correct, it's the intake for the cabin air temp sensor for the climate control system.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:07 pm

from the forum FAQs (link at top of page)

"Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed)."

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:45 am

I use Photobucket to post pics, but there are a number of others that do it just as well.

EvilTheCat

Postby EvilTheCat » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:03 am

Photobucket sucks on my phone. Way too many advertisements. I used Flickr to post the photo above. Anybody able to use their Google account to post photos? I can use Flickr for now, but I still don't know what the vent is for.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”