wheel fitment >>> feedback please,

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Major trimming. Lol
But the wheels would not fit on the rig because they interfered with the caliper. They originally have a - 6 offset and a 4.5 backspace but with 1.5 wheel spacers that goes out the window. On the plus side there is no interference with any components behind the wheels. And it's riding beautifully. I also got tires two days ago

I keep my instagram updated more than I do here. Lots of pics and vids and a link to my YouTube channel. Instagram is @dibofarrell

EvilTheCat

Postby EvilTheCat » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:40 am

So when buying tires online, how do you know if they'll clear the calipers? I figured if you had 16" wheels they'd be good, but apparently not. Should I just get 17" or 18" to be safe? I'd like to get some 285 wide tires that are roughly 31 or 32" tall, but am now not sure what size rims I need. I'd be really pissed if my rims wouldn't clear. Maybe some 285/60r18s, but they're either expensive or highway tires and far less options.

Did you have 17" wheels stock? Is it an LE?

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 am

Sorry for the late reply. I had 16"s stock. The wheels fit fine in the rear but would not clear the caliper up front. Maybe go to a wheel shop and ask if they could test fit just a wheel to see if they clear. It was all about the shape of the wheel face that made it now fit. They said they wouldn't fit on the procomp website but I never listened. Maybe you can throw some spacers on first for a while and then throw some wheels on.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”