Issue with factory Bose system

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

not on the rug

Issue with factory Bose system

Postby not on the rug » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:11 am

Hey guys. '07 LE Pathy. Factory Bose system with 6 disc changer. Yesterday while driving to work, I was playing a CD when the system beeped and the screen said something like "eject disc." Then it switched me back to the radio automatically. Since then, I havent been able to eject or load a disc and I can't even get it to switch back to cd playing mode. If I hit the CD button, it wil beep and then not do anything. Every few times it will flash to cd mode for about a half a second but then right back to the radio.

Any ideas? Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:18 am

The head unit will need to be removed and sent out for repair or replaced. There are a number of places that do such repair, including Bose Corp. Their # is 1-800-231-2673. Another company is FSCR:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/nissan.htm

It'll probably run about $295 to fix your problem with FSCR. Aftermarket head unit replacement is a possibility, but, because of the impedance Bose uses for their speakers and related amps, you will need a line out converter and another converter if you want to retain the steering wheel controls (along with a head unit that will work with them).

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:01 am

I had an issue where my kids stuffed a bunch of s^&* into the CD slot a few years ago. I took it apart myself and managed to get it working.

m.powerpt

Postby m.powerpt » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:53 am

from what ive seen on this forum and the reseach ive done, i know that my bose head unit also controls the climate functions. i dont have a separate climate control display. its all on the head unit. keep that in mind when thinking about changing to an aftermarket head unit.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Issue with factory Bose system

Postby eieio » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:59 am

not on the rug wrote:Hey guys. '07 LE Pathy. Factory Bose system with 6 disc changer. Yesterday while driving to work, I was playing a CD when the system beeped and the screen said something like "eject disc." Then it switched me back to the radio automatically. Since then, I havent been able to eject or load a disc and I can't even get it to switch back to cd playing mode. If I hit the CD button, it wil beep and then not do anything. Every few times it will flash to cd mode for about a half a second but then right back to the radio.

Any ideas? Thanks
is it a factory CD or "burnt" copy?
the latter may not work in the changer
..........and definitely try the recommendations in the link that smj999smj provided in his post, above!

not on the rug

Re: Issue with factory Bose system

Postby not on the rug » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 am

eieio wrote:
not on the rug wrote:Hey guys. '07 LE Pathy. Factory Bose system with 6 disc changer. Yesterday while driving to work, I was playing a CD when the system beeped and the screen said something like "eject disc." Then it switched me back to the radio automatically. Since then, I havent been able to eject or load a disc and I can't even get it to switch back to cd playing mode. If I hit the CD button, it wil beep and then not do anything. Every few times it will flash to cd mode for about a half a second but then right back to the radio.

Any ideas? Thanks
is it a factory CD or "burnt" copy?
the latter may not work in the changer
..........and definitely try the recommendations in the link that smj999smj provided in his post, above!
The changer plays everything without any issue and has for years. I think it just croaked. I just want my cds back and I'll never use it again. Just looking for a cheap fix or an easy way to get my discs

Return to “R51 Electrical”