Disconnect 2006 Pathfinder Bose Sub

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

boylej1402

Disconnect 2006 Pathfinder Bose Sub

Postby boylej1402 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Did a search of the forums, but couldn't find an answer, looking for a little help. Blew the Bose Sub in my '06 Nissan Pathfinder with the Bose Premium Sound Package, and wanted to replace. Got a self powered sub aftermarket, instead of replacing the over-priced under performing sub. However, when it was installed, the installers didn't disconnect my blown sub - and now want to schedule another appointment and charge me more money to disconnect it after telling me it'd be "too easy" to do it the first go around.

Was hoping there was a quick fix to disconnect the subwoofer, but keeping the utility of the rest of the bose system. Apologize ahead of time as I know next to nothing about car audio.

Thanks in advance for taking the time!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:53 pm

If it's the subwoofer speaker, or speakers, that's blown, you can get them from Bose Corporation; I had a post in the audio/navigation thread giving all of the information. I think it was around $75 with the shipping for the speaker. Nissan doesn't sell the speaker separately; one has to buy the expensive subwoofer assy.

To unplug the subwoofer, you'll have to remove the interior finisher at the left rear. It's not that bad to remove. If you look at the anchor points, you'll see you can lift up a cover in it with a flat screwdriver to gain access to the 10MM head bolt under it. There are a couple of other covers on the panel to pop out and access bolts. There are a couple of seatbelt bolts to remove. The sill cover at the left, rear door. The sill cover at the back of the cargo area. The rest is pretty mush clips you'll need to pop up with a panel tool. If you lean the left side, third row seat slightly forward, you have enough room to get the panel up and out of the vehicle without removing the seat. With the panel out of the way, you can remove the four bolts and pull the speaker out (if you want to replace it) or just unplug the harness connector.

boylej1402

Postby boylej1402 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks for the information. that's what I was fearing... No way to disconnect from the amp then?

boylej1402

Postby boylej1402 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:32 am

For anyone out there looking to just disconnect the subwoofer, I found a very very easy fix. All you have to do is remove the cup holder and disconnect from there. It's a small hole, but doable. Less than a 2 minute job even for the novice.

airjrdn

Postby airjrdn » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:30 am

boylej1402 wrote:For anyone out there looking to just disconnect the subwoofer, I found a very very easy fix. All you have to do is remove the cup holder and disconnect from there. It's a small hole, but doable. Less than a 2 minute job even for the novice.
Removing the cup holder is easy enough, but how did you disconnect the speaker? There's a plastic white/black wire connector, but I'm having a hard time getting the two sides separated. I'm afraid if I apply much more pressure I'm going to break it.

Scooter426

Postby Scooter426 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:38 am

Much easier to just remove the fuse for the sub amp. My subs are both blown and removing the fuse in the fusebox takes five seconds! No more burble from the subs. Stereo sounds so much better!

Scooter426

new Bose Subwoofers on order

Postby Scooter426 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 am

Just spoke with Bose and ordered 2 new subs for the rear of the Pathy.
$130 shipped to Seattle.

Here is the info if interested...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:56 pm Post subject: Replacement Bose subwoofer speakers available
Description: Reply with quote
I recently contacted Bose Corp. about replacement Bose subwoofer speakers for the R51. They responded that they are available for $60 each, which is a lot better than having to buy the whole subwoofer box from Nissan to replace them. Here's what they sent:

Hello Stephen,
Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Bose Automotive Music System in your 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. In answer to your question, we can provide replacement speaker(s) at a cost of $60. each + tax and shipping for your Bose Music System.
Please contact our Consumer Support Line at 508-766-9522 with part number off the component you need to order over the phone with a credit card. Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM ESTPLEASE
NOTE: All parts ship out on Friday through UPSAcceptable Payment Cards : Visa, MC, Discover, American Express (PLEASE DO NOT SEND THIS INFORMATION THROUGH EMAIL THIS IS NOT A SECURE ENVIRONMENT)Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
Patty Bolack
Service Support-----------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation US Telephone: (800)231-2673International Tel: (508)766-9522Fax Number: (508)766-9103

For those who don't feel like going through the process of removing the speaker to check the part number and then have to wait for the speaker, here's what it says on the subwoofer speaker from a 2008 Pathfinder SE:

Bose RICHBASS, ND,R,1 Ohm......26015800471114999

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:57 am

Yeah, that was my E-mail I posted a while back. I new it was floating around the forum somewhere! :wink:

Return to “R51 Electrical”