New member from Ontario, Canada - Lift now completed

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

nannook

New member from Ontario, Canada - Lift now completed

Postby nannook » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Actually, I have been a member since last year and figured I should post my experience so far with my Pathfinder. I am quite happy with the outcome even though it was been a lot of work. This pathfinder only has 31, 000 miles which ended up being a great find for me. Here's a picture of it now. The only thing left to do this spring is to add new and bigger tires.

Image[/img]

Hopefully the picture will upload to this site. I have read a couple of posts in regards to posting pictures. If this works I will post more of the build.

I replaced both lower control arms which I had to remove the axles on the front which took more time but allow me to get in closer to cut out the bolts. The bolts were seized in the bushing. I don't understand why Nissan only puts eccentric adjustable bolts in the rear suspension only. Also installed new stabilizer bushing, links and Nissan OE eccentric bolts, washers, and nuts. Much better then the aftermarket ones. I also greased the bolts and lower control arms to prevent the bolts from seizing again and to allow adjustment in the future. Even though the Pathfinder isn't very old, our Canadian winters with the salt we use is hard on our vehicles. I rarely drive my pathfinder in the winter. New Rancho 2" coil over adjustable shocks up front.

Rear suspension has 4X4 Parts / Automotive Customizers HD rear springs which is suppose to give you about 1.75" lift. I went with springs instead of spacers as I didn't want to sacrifice any ride. I find it still has a bit of a rake but I'm hoping it will settle down when I drive it more this spring. Rear also has Rancho adjustable shocks. I have the adjustable shocks to set to (5) which is stiffer then OE.

After the work I had the Pathfinder professionally aligned and from everyone's post here that I have read, the front is never an issue to get into specs. Yes, the rear on mine is fully maxed out and only my toe setting is slight out of factory specs. My alignment shop said once the rear settles some more, the toe should fall back into spec. I'll have the alignment re-check again before I install the new tires in a few months. If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Spencenaz

Postby Spencenaz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Nice looking rig! I haven't seen those wheels before... Maybe it's a Canada thing :)

What did you go with for a lift? I'm about ready to upgrade my stock suspension which is really not doing a good job anymore.

If you're wanting recommendations on tires, I'd go with Toyo Open Country AT2's... We put 41,000 miles on them on our last vehicle (4Runner) and they still have about 1/3 tread remaining. Zero road noise, great all-season traction, etc... well worth what we paid and they look great.

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:38 am

Nice work. Not a lot of people from Canukistan up in here. Welcome.

Spence, those wheels are from an '09 and newer. If Nannook leaves his car parked unattended I might just nick 'em. They're hard to find in Canada and I've wanted a set for a while.

nannook

Postby nannook » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Thanks Spencenaz. I went with Rancho Quicklift but instead of spacers in the rear I order custom springs from 4X4 parts. I recently found I had a squeak and decided to back off the upper control arms which I should have done earlier and set the truck back on the ground and tight afterwards.

Still pondering whether I should order a set of uca from PRG or 4X4 parts. Not cheap and with our poor dollar makes it even worst when ordering from the U.S. I am also going to loosen the rear lower inner spring bucket bolt to allow the bushing to relax in case my squeak was coming from there. I will hopefully road test this coming weekend. It has been a learning experience for sure.

All I can say is be prepare that things can change direction quickly especially when changing the geometry of these trucks. As for tires Toyo are a great tire, but I am putting that off to last as, I want to make sure the suspension is perfect first. I would like to add P275/65-18 which will bring me at in 32.1" and still have a decent ride instead of an LT tire which would put me at 55lbs per corner roughly rather than 41 lbs for a P series tire.

Thanks SETI20, RockAuto has 18" reconditioned rims available for purchase at a reasonable price and tires are not that badly priced too.

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:09 pm

Well I'll be damned. I never even thought to look there. Cheaper than getting them off eBay for $129 US and having them shipped.

They don't have a set of 4 the same colour anymore though. Will have to look into that. Thanks for that tip!

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”