2002 pathfinder alarm issues

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

IconicStatus

2002 pathfinder alarm issues

Postby IconicStatus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Anybody have any idea or heard of this, so every now and than only if the truck is locked randomly the panic alarm will go off for no reason and I'm wondering if there are any quick fixes out there for now I unhook the negative
Battery cable
Every single time I leave Hyde vehicle it is a pain in the ass especially when it's freezing cold out somebody help please!!!!

Wes

mine too

Postby Wes » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:20 pm

I am here searching for this same problem. My alarm goes off randomly for no apparent reason. Its not an accidental press of the panic button on the remote and I am pretty positive no one is breaking into my car. My remote will be sitting in my drawer with nothing on top of it and all of sudden I can hear the alarm going off in the parking lot. Everything seems to work fine as far as locking and unlocking the doors although sometimes when I lock I get the honk that indicates the alarm set and sometimes I don't.

Is the alarm on the 2001 LE an aftermarket product the dealer put on or did it come with all of them.

I don't really care about the alarm. Is it independent of the door locks and could I disable that portion?

Wes

Postby Wes » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Anyone? Any ideas or troubleshooting steps are appreciated.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”