Replacing factory Radio 06 Path

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

sersanchez

Replacing factory Radio 06 Path

Postby sersanchez » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:20 am

Hello all.

I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE with Bose system no NAV and rear entertainment system.

I am looking at replacing the factory radio for something with newer technology.

I visited CarToys and Best Buy and both places went above 500 dlls in install parts even before including the radio so I figured I can avoid the install costs and visited Crutchfield.com. When I asked the tech about what install parts I need and how difficult the task would be to an average Joe, he mentioned I would lose the back DVD functionality... I find that hard to believe.

My questions to you guys are:

1. How difficult is it to install a new HU to my aging Pathfinder?
2. Will I lose the back DVD functionality? Even the feature to listen to the DVD through the HU?
3. If I wanted the rear camera... What would be the best route for the cable?

Thanks in advance for all your help

tkatt916

Re: Replacing factory Radio 06 Path

Postby tkatt916 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:46 pm

sersanchez wrote:Hello all.

I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE with Bose system no NAV and rear entertainment system.

I am looking at replacing the factory radio for something with newer technology.

I visited CarToys and Best Buy and both places went above 500 dlls in install parts even before including the radio so I figured I can avoid the install costs and visited Crutchfield.com. When I asked the tech about what install parts I need and how difficult the task would be to an average Joe, he mentioned I would lose the back DVD functionality... I find that hard to believe.

My questions to you guys are:

1. How difficult is it to install a new HU to my aging Pathfinder?
2. Will I lose the back DVD functionality? Even the feature to listen to the DVD through the HU?
3. If I wanted the rear camera... What would be the best route for the cable?

Thanks in advance for all your help
The install its self isn't that hard. The install at BB should only be $150 for parts and labor. its 99 for install, 17ea for dash and harness, and 14 for ant adapter. Go to Metraonline.com, it will list your parts. Maybe they thought you needed the $400 dashkit?

You lose all entertainment controls. I called PAC and Idatalink to confirm. unless someone has figured out the color in the factory harness for audio back to the HU. Then you could tap an RCA into them and use a FM MOD.

Back up cameras. Pretty much anyone will work on a new HU, long as it has a video in. I usually recommend you stick with the same brand as the HU but you don't have to. If you don't switch out the deck just do the one with the in the rear view mirror. 10x cheaper then factory. On SUVs I can 9 out of 10 times take the back panels off on the lift gate, tap power and ground off a reverse light, use a license plate bracket and run through the factory boot back into the truck. Use a little spray lube when running it through the harness, makes it much easier.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”