Weird display/radio actions

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

lewis-apg

Weird display/radio actions

Postby lewis-apg » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:34 pm

2012 Pathfinder, R51.
This issue started a few months ago. And yes, the “dealer fuse” (or whatever it may be called) is engaged/pushed in and tested good.
This involves the display or electronics control unit. It has an intermittent (especially when cold) problem. Everything is running fine, you can program favorites on the radio, reset or adjust the clock, see the average MPG, etc. This is an non-navigation model.

Now the problem/issue. I shut down, pull the key, and get out of the vehicle. When I restart it, the clock is back to the original time before adjustment. Radio station favorite is on a different selection than it was when shut down originally. New radio selections added as favorites are back to what they were before. And for a couple weeks, every time I started up, the average MPG value display had reset back to 0 (zero). Radio is off when I shut it down, and when I start up the vehicle again the radio is on.

I did say intermittent, the majority of the issues above always happens. The MPG issue only lasted a couple weeks and now works again (weather is a little warmer now). The only constant is when I shut off the engine, pull the key, and get out of the vehicle. That’s when any changes I may have done reset to their prior conditions.

Help?

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:07 pm

I think I have the same issue.
At first I thought it was operator error...

But this affects too many things..

It seems anything thats memory related in my center console does not work.

The MPG are not memorized.. I push reset and my current mpg reading gets returned to 18.2 mpg no matter how I been driving...
I set the clock to its accurate time in the 24 hr format and it returns to 12 hr format and a nonsensical time (4 hours and 11 minutes fast) every time the engine is restarted.
The brightness settings are not retained in center console.
CD that was playing is not remembered.

Dash is fine retains trip odometer miles etc... the center console howver remembers no settings or more accurately the wrong ones.

I do think something is actually broken.

bradk689

Postby bradk689 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Palmerwmd,

We're you able to fix the problem. I've seen you post in other topics about this as well. I was having that problem, I cleaned the postiive terminal and it was all good for about a week. Then it went back to the same problem, but now instead of 97.9 Fm its CD 6, track 7, etc.

Would really like to get this figured out. New positive terminal post connection?

Return to “R51 Electrical”