Which service manual do you use

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Ford812

Which service manual do you use

Postby Ford812 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:58 pm

I've had a 06 Pathy that is new to me for about 3 months.
It has been well cared for by an older couple but it does need some work performed on it. As the subject stated we as wanting to know what service manual do you use? I've had both Chilton and Haynes for previous vehicles and have always had one or the other for my vehicles. I've never really thought about any differences if there are any or if one is used more widely than the other. Thanks to all replies ahead of time and look forward​ seeing what is stated.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Which service manual do you use

Postby eieio » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Ford812 wrote:I've had a 06 Pathy that is new to me for about 3 months.
It has been well cared for by an older couple but it does need some work performed on it. As the subject stated we as wanting to know what service manual do you use? I've had both Chilton and Haynes for previous vehicles and have always had one or the other for my vehicles. I've never really thought about any differences if there are any or if one is used more widely than the other. Thanks to all replies ahead of time and look forward​ seeing what is stated.
factory service manual:
2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) Forum > 3rd "sticky" > scroll to last item on the list
I wish it weren't so buried, but there it is.
I've never found Chilton or Haynes manuals to be particularly accurate.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Definitely the Nissan Factory Service Manual! Also, YouTube can come in handy for watching videos on certain repairs.

jhg120

Postby jhg120 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:28 am

Seems to be a problem...when you get to the service manual, it's only 8 pages long. It shows you can "click" on a sub topic, but nothing happens. Any insight??

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 am

jhg120 wrote:Seems to be a problem...when you get to the service manual, it's only 8 pages long. It shows you can "click" on a sub topic, but nothing happens. Any insight??
I uploaded it here: https://locker.att.net/web/app/share/invite/AogeNUrV2c

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:35 am

jhg120 wrote:Seems to be a problem...when you get to the service manual, it's only 8 pages long. It shows you can "click" on a sub topic, but nothing happens. Any insight??
I don't have that problem.
I just tried a whole bunch of random pages from the quick reference guide and the index - all worked.
Are you using a PC?, phone?
I can't imagine what might be limiting your access. :?

jhg120

Postby jhg120 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm

I don't get it either....I'm on a PC. I've got no issues opening and using the service manual over at Nico club...so I can continue using their's as well. Just wanted to try here but had the problems.

Thanks for upload, I'll save a copy so it's handy on hand.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:05 am

jhg120 wrote:I don't get it either....I'm on a PC. I've got no issues opening and using the service manual over at Nico club...so I can continue using their's as well. Just wanted to try here but had the problems.

I know what you're talking about. That's why I searched the interwebs and found that file. Good thing I had it on a cloud drive.

FYI, the online service manual works on my FireFox, but doesn't work on my Chrome & Internet Explorer.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:18 am

FLiPMaRC wrote:
jhg120 wrote:I don't get it either....I'm on a PC. I've got no issues opening and using the service manual over at Nico club...so I can continue using their's as well. Just wanted to try here but had the problems.

I know what you're talking about. That's why I searched the interwebs and found that file. Good thing I had it on a cloud drive.

FYI, the online service manual works on my FireFox, but doesn't work on my Chrome & Internet Explorer.
...........I'm on a PC, and our "on-board" service manual works fine with Chrome and I.E. :?

Return to “R51 General Chat”