The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Which service manual do you use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ford812

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Which service manual do you use Reply with quote

I've had a 06 Pathy that is new to me for about 3 months.
It has been well cared for by an older couple but it does need some work performed on it. As the subject stated we as wanting to know what service manual do you use? I've had both Chilton and Haynes for previous vehicles and have always had one or the other for my vehicles. I've never really thought about any differences if there are any or if one is used more widely than the other. Thanks to all replies ahead of time and look forward​ seeing what is stated.
eieio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Which service manual do you use Reply with quote

Ford812 wrote:
I've had a 06 Pathy that is new to me for about 3 months.
It has been well cared for by an older couple but it does need some work performed on it. As the subject stated we as wanting to know what service manual do you use? I've had both Chilton and Haynes for previous vehicles and have always had one or the other for my vehicles. I've never really thought about any differences if there are any or if one is used more widely than the other. Thanks to all replies ahead of time and look forward​ seeing what is stated.

factory service manual:
2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) Forum > 3rd "sticky" > scroll to last item on the list
I wish it weren't so buried, but there it is.
I've never found Chilton or Haynes manuals to be particularly accurate.

"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
smj999smj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the Nissan Factory Service Manual! Also, YouTube can come in handy for watching videos on certain repairs.
jhg120

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a problem...when you get to the service manual, it's only 8 pages long. It shows you can "click" on a sub topic, but nothing happens. Any insight??
FLiPMaRC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhg120 wrote:
Seems to be a problem...when you get to the service manual, it's only 8 pages long. It shows you can "click" on a sub topic, but nothing happens. Any insight??

I uploaded it here: https://locker.att.net/web/app/share/invite/AogeNUrV2c
eieio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhg120 wrote:

I don't have that problem.
I just tried a whole bunch of random pages from the quick reference guide and the index - all worked.
Are you using a PC?, phone?
I can't imagine what might be limiting your access. Confused

jhg120

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it either....I'm on a PC. I've got no issues opening and using the service manual over at Nico club...so I can continue using their's as well. Just wanted to try here but had the problems.

Thanks for upload, I'll save a copy so it's handy on hand.
FLiPMaRC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhg120 wrote:
I don't get it either....I'm on a PC. I've got no issues opening and using the service manual over at Nico club...so I can continue using their's as well. Just wanted to try here but had the problems.

I know what you're talking about. That's why I searched the interwebs and found that file. Good thing I had it on a cloud drive.

FYI, the online service manual works on my FireFox, but doesn't work on my Chrome & Internet Explorer.
eieio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLiPMaRC wrote:
jhg120 wrote:

I know what you're talking about. That's why I searched the interwebs and found that file. Good thing I had it on a cloud drive.

FYI, the online service manual works on my FireFox, but doesn't work on my Chrome & Internet Explorer.

...........I'm on a PC, and our "on-board" service manual works fine with Chrome and I.E. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: