The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Need help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codydaniels

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Need help please Reply with quote

Hi everyone
I'm helping a buddy with his 2011 Pathfinder. It is a V6 with an automatic. His stepson wrecked the front, enough to deploy the airbag but it doesn't look to bad. It ran and drove after that. He has been slowly replacing the damaged body panels so it sat for a while. The other day he tried to start it and the battery was dead. He put in a new battery and now it won't crank over. Everything powers up but the starter will not turn, not even a click. I verified there is 12v to the starter. I jumpered the starter terminals and the starter ran but did not engage the flywheel. I have checked every fuse in it with a meter. I have noticed that there is a light in the dash that looks like a suv with a key in the middle. I assume this is the security system. The dealer said to lock and unlock the doors 3 times, that did not change anything. We left the battery disconnected overnight with the terminals tied together to discharge everything. It still does nothing. Can you guys tell me what is going on with his truck?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Touchdown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only a shade-tree mechanic on a good day...but...

Could the starter be damaged?
I would hit it with a hammer a few times like the old Chevys from the 70's to revive it!
Or you could just replace it like a normal person. (I just like hitting stuff)
Bilstein Front Adjustable Shocks w/HD OME Springs, PRG Long Travel UCA's, PRG Radflo 2.0 Rear Emulsion Shocks w/HD OME Rear Springs, 3" Body Lift, Custom Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier, K&N Intake, Skid Row & Asfir Skid Plates, Airlift 1000, SS Brake Lines, Yellow Top Optima Battery, 1.25" Aluminum Wheel Spacers, 35" Tires, Lokka Front Locker, ARB Rear Air Locker, Aluminum Winch Bumper w/ ENGO Winch, Diff Breathers & EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads
codydaniels

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jumpered the starter terminals and the starter ran but did not engage the flywheel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: