Many Questions from a newbie! TY in adv(grill,spacers,paint)

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

EastCoastPathy

Many Questions from a newbie! TY in adv(grill,spacers,paint)

Postby EastCoastPathy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:55 pm

Hey everyone! so i have done some searching on this site, as well as amazon, ebay and all of the interwebs, and cant really find anything covering these specific topics . Im hoping you guys can really help or point me in the right direction ! Thanks in advance! ( sorry if i broke any posting rules, new guy here!)

( sorry for the long post!! figured i would get it all out of the way in one post!)

Im rocking out with a white 2010 SE, 2 wheel drive, CAI, tinted tails with LED reverse lights, black trim, Falken A/T and 20% tint all around. ( i only have old pictures so im hoping after these mods i can update with pictures!!)

so here are some questions i have... any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

1. I would like to get rid of the honeycomb style grill and replace it with a mesh style. Not an overlay but a full on cut and replacement. Any write up on this would be of great help since ive done this and basically ruined the grill and had to buy a new one!

2. ive read a lot about the headlights a lot. i recently saw a post about baking the headlights and painting. im going to try that so any write up that exist? also, can someone please help me find new bulb replacement? im doing all this on a budget, i saw a few on amazon for $20 just for the led bulb replacement but everyone is saying dont do it??

3. any spacer recommendations? i have no lift, but i am rocking the A/T if that matters. I want the wheels to come out of the well just a little bit more for an aggressive look.

4. ive used plasti dip and autodip, but i figure just spray paint permanently the wheels black, any recommendation on brand of paint? write up on that? also painting over my clear coat with just regular spray paint?

5. any muffler ( magnaflow or flowmaster) recommendations for the v6. i want a little more sound to the pathy!

any input on any of these topics would be very helpful or even if you link a write up or other thread. ive tried to research all these for months and just cant find the answer. Thanks so much in advance.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:47 am

This a link I haven't gotten around to finishing up, yet, but it does cover what I did to the exhaust on my 06 Pathy LE AWD.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=12841

HiBRiD109

Postby HiBRiD109 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:42 pm

I have had my Pathfinder for a few months but I have done plenty of mods to my previous vehicles (Chrysler 300, S10's, Luv)

#1 - If you have not found any aftermarket grill that you have liked and have not found anything on here by using the search (the search icon under the header, not the google custom bar) then you may have luck on the frontier forums.

#2- I think painting the insides of headlights is the same for most headlights. You can ask cstock08 how he did his wife's rig. http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=15048
As for the LEDs, most member agree that LEDs and HIDs don't work with the OEM housing. The focus point is different with the halogens so when using LED or HID bulbs, you get a scattered beam and blind other motorists. You can either buy aftermarket projectors or pay $1k for your OEM housings to get retrofitted. Otherwise get some good bulbs that give you better whiter light like Silver Star ZXEs or PIAAs.

#3 - I see some users are happy with the Spidertrax 1.5 inch spacers.

#4 - I would either do Plastidip or Powdercoat. Plastidip is very cheap and you can remove it if you want or peel it and repaint it with ease. Powder coating is expensive but will give you a permanent and great look. Just regular rattle can will chip and wear. You will have to resand/paint and you can get an uneven look.

#5 - I think if just want to do the muffler, than the Flowmaster Super 44 with the resonator removed sound really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DKEgHbzsps

I hope I shed some light on your questions.

cstock08

Postby cstock08 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:36 am

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... lour+match
Here is a link to my write up of headlights.

Also I used spidertrax wheel spacers and like them a lot 1.5 inches

Plasti dipped the wheels and used a glossifier on them as I didnt want an extreme flat look.1 can per wheel roughly.

As for exhaust Ive heard 40 series, 10 series, and super 44s and they all sound good on the 4.0

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”