Frontier Bumper?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Frozen

Frontier Bumper?

Postby Frozen » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Looking at the iron bull winch bumper for my 08 pathfinder. They only make them for the frontiers, will the frontier bumper fit a 08 pathfinder?

http://www.ironbullbumpers.com/nfront.html#M

rtcaravan

Postby rtcaravan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:14 pm

i dont see any reason it wouldn't fit other than the bumper mounts. but everything should be the same from the body front. i've seen this with my jeep too they list only for one model and not another, but it will still work. i would contact the bumper co. just to make shure.

Frozen

Postby Frozen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

well the frontier upper bumper def does not fit right up to the 08+ paths. I could make it fit but the time and effort isn't worth it. I brought a used stock path bumper I'll cut up.

The frontier bumper lines up with the fenders correctly, but the frontier is shallower then the paths stock bumper as seen below.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Based on the Iron Bull bumper design, I don't understand why you would need to cut anything. It looks like a complete bumper replacement that tucks right up against the bottom of the grille. Frontiers and Pathfinders of the same year share the same bumper, grille, headlights, bumper mounts, front suspension, etc... Basically Frontiers and Pathfinders have the same mechanical bits from the door mirrors forward. Am I missing something?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:43 am

So have you bought the bumper yet or just looking at fitment? when I look at the pictures from the link you posted, it looks like the center of the frontier grille sticks down lower than the rest which the steel bumper forms too. There might by a gap between the bumper and the pathfinder grille.

Frozen

Postby Frozen » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 am

IcedTeasley wrote:Based on the Iron Bull bumper design, I don't understand why you would need to cut anything. It looks like a complete bumper replacement that tucks right up against the bottom of the grille. Frontiers and Pathfinders of the same year share the same bumper, grille, headlights, bumper mounts, front suspension, etc... Basically Frontiers and Pathfinders have the same mechanical bits from the door mirrors forward. Am I missing something?
2008+ paths are different then the frontiers. In 2008 Nissan extended the front end to fit the V8. Part of extending was make the path bump deeper and moving the grill out farther. So the frontiers and paths are not the same. They have the same mechanical bits but not the same body bits. So even with the iron bull bump things still would fit right. I'm going to cut a stock path bumper and build my own metal bumper. Or possible try a 07 or later grill.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:26 pm

I did some homework on this one. Pathfinders and Frontiers from the same year do share the same bumper part number (as well as almost all other associate parts) as long as we are talking about the fully painted bumper that comes on certain models of Frontier. It may be worth cross-referencing other Fronty owners' installs so long as they didn't have a Fronty with the two piece chrome/plastic bumper.

Frontier:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/frontier-p ... _5005.html

Pathfinder:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder ... _6943.html

Theeflash

Postby Theeflash » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:32 am

On this page

http://www.ironbullbumpers.com/models.html

it lists in the description "NISSAN FRONTIER TRUCK 2005-2009/ NISSAN PATHFINDER 2005-2009 FRONT"

This would seem to imply they are interchangeable, however since 08 was the switch, this would also seem to imply the company has an improper listing. Has anybody figured this out yet?

Theeflash

Postby Theeflash » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:07 am

If the fenders match up and depth is the problem, this appears to be a non-issue based on this picture.

http://www.ironbullbumpers.com/nfront.html#M

the bumpers might not line up the same, but because of how far out the iron bull sits from the grill on the frontier, a pathfinder grill that protrudes further may just line up flush. I hope that explanation makes sense

Sandbox2010

2008+ Pathfinder/ Frontier front bumper compatibility.

Postby Sandbox2010 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:20 am

Hi All,

Sorry for the old thread revival, but I have searched 50 pages of these blogs and still can't find a definitive answer (someone who has successfully done it) to one of the original questions posed.

Which is....:

Is there a Frontier upper bumper cover that will fit a 2008+ Pathfinder?

I have ordered a Shrockworks bumper since I ruined my stock bumper in a small collision. Stock replacement was $1300 from the body shop and a new Shrockworks will be only a couple hundred more...

I bought an upper bumper cover off ebay that said it fit 2005- 2012 Frontiers thinking it would fit, but the grills are different(frontier narrower)-no bueno..

At this point, I think I have to buy a new Pathy bumper cover and cut it....

Help!!!!

Thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:34 pm

Frontier front end parts will only work on 2005-2007 Pathfinders, with minor mods. In 2008, the Pathfinder nose was extended to help fit the optional V8, giving the nose a steeper rake and requiring different grill, headlamps, etc.

Sandbox2010

Postby Sandbox2010 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Thanks smj999smj,

I think that means buy new and cut it.

I'll post when project is in motion.

cj_overlandpath

arb bumper from a frontier 2012 will fit on my 2012 path

Postby cj_overlandpath » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 am

im just want to check if someone as put the arb of a frontier on a pathfinder is cheaper than the one for the pathfinder. so i want it to double check thanks for the help

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: arb bumper from a frontier 2012 will fit on my 2012 path

Postby smj999smj » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:46 pm

cj_overlandpath wrote:im just want to check if someone as put the arb of a frontier on a pathfinder is cheaper than the one for the pathfinder. so i want it to double check thanks for the help
I don't think it will work but somebody else might chime in. Again, the 2008-2012 Pathfinder noise was more extended than the Frontier's nose so they could tuck in the V8 option. It has a completely different rake.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Frontiers also changed there front grill,bumper,headlights after 08.
Just match your year. Pathfinders and frontiers are identical when you match the years.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”