2000 Pathfinder LE NO START Condition

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

fubarGrn

2000 Pathfinder LE NO START Condition

Postby fubarGrn » Fri May 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Hello, I am joining up here to find out what can be done for my daughter's Pathfinder.

Currently we are experiencing a NO START condition. Engine will turn over, but absolutely will no start.

What happened (according to my daughter):

She was driving to work, and it started becoming very hesitant. She kept pressing the gas pedal down, and it was trying to die and would not accelerate. She made it to work, but as soon as she pulled into her parking lot, and let off the gas pedal, it died and would not restart.

We towed it to Autozone and had them run a diagnostic scan tool on it. It came back with codes:

P0180, P0325, P0180(again), P0300, and P0732.

The Fuel level indicator on the dash was inoperative when she purchased it, and it's been on our to-do list to fix.

I have verified it is getting spark. My son-in-law replaced the Fuel pump (due to the P0180 code) and the sending unit (the fuel indicator now works). I cannot find the schraeder valve to depress to check to see if the fuel rail is pressurized. I did remove the air intake hose from the air cleaner and sprayed Ether into the throttle body while trying to crank it but it did not start. My son-in-law replaced the Crankshaft position sensor, because we googled the issue, and that kept coming up but again, it would not start.

I purchased a diagnostic scan tool of my own, but now it is saying that there are NO CODES stored at all.

I'm kind of at my wit's end with this thing.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri May 05, 2017 8:54 pm

The crank position on the trans bellhousing is for ECM monitoring only and will not cause a drivability issue.
There is no schrader valve fitting to attach a fuel pressure gauge on this engine; you need a "T" fitting to run between the metal fuel line and the fuel injection hose. You can do this where the fuel filter is (by the rear axle) or at the passenger side of the engine compartment.
If you have spark but it won't fire when you spray carb cleaner or starting fluid into the intake, then I would suspect either the timing belt broke or the spark plugs are fouled. You may want to first remove the distributor cap and see if the rotor turns as someone turns the engine over. If the rotor doesn't move, it pretty much confirms the belt is broken. If it does turn, then I would remove and inspect the spark plugs for fouling and perform an engine compression test.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”