New truck blues

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

DaNYfinder

New truck blues

Postby DaNYfinder » Wed May 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Hey everyone, I purchased my 08 about a month ago at an auction for about 5000 nice and fresh in and out. The only problem I say right away was it had a separate horn button and cruise control didn't work, so I replaced the clock spring and its aall good now so I thought.

Decided to check all the fluids and found the strawberry milk shake in the radiator' thank good I didn't order fries with that, replaced the rad, flushed the trans and the rad she ran great for a while.

On the first nice warm day we had up here decided to test the a/c and she started to stumble a bit. Popped open the hood first thing I checked were the battery terminals and sure enough they weir loose in tightening the positive side I cracked the terminal so I replaced it with one from the autoparts store for imports she ran fine after that. Next morning I go to start the truck and nothing so now I'm puzzled I try to jumpstart it and nothing. Now I'm passed cause I can't drive my truck so I check to see if their are any codes and find u1000 and p0603. Look them up and find out I'm in nats mode. Try all the little tricks I found in the repair manual and on YouTube and nothing.

Now she's sitting at the stealership with a burnt out ecm and bcm, waiting on them to finish, wishing I never went out in the snow storm back in Feb and ended up wrecking my 03 Expedition.

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Wed May 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Our trucks have their gremlins, like any other vehicle.
Hopefully, you'll be free of issues going forward and can enjoy your new Pathy!!
We're rooting for ya! :wink:

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”