ground wire?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

deedee2017

ground wire?

Postby deedee2017 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:31 pm

Ok, so here is my situation: I got my Pathfinder in March and have had to put a lot of work into it. Thus far, it has; a new alternator, battery, sensor shock, brakes, shocks, tires and fuel filter. Here is my newest dilemma-I can be driving along and the car gives a slight indication that it wants to stall. Then all the gauges go dead (except the gas gauge). I have tried to look this up and what I read is that the ground wiring could be bad. What I am trying to avoid is walking into any service place and tell them I'm not sure what's wrong and then dollar signs form in their eyes. It has a rebuild engine, so they can't say it's that. So what the heck is it? Ugh, this is driving me nuts. I am taking her in to get a radiator flush and a/c charge next month, but I am financially getting drained with all this.

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Mon May 22, 2017 2:11 pm

You didn't mention what year pathfinder you have. On my 98 the gas gage and temperature gage share a common ground. Does the temp gage go dead also?

deedee2017

Ground wire

Postby deedee2017 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:21 am

It's a 2000 se model. When the gauges go dead, they all do except the gas gauge. That remains unaffected.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”