The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Just in Case You didnt want to Do the Bypass.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and the assurance. It looks like I have found yet another forum that will absorb absurd amounts of my time! Ina good way of course!

edgewaterpc.com
Kestral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2012 has that weird shudder as well it's like it needs to downshift but the computer tells it not to. Frankly I hate the programming on the transmission I wish it was programmed to shift more aggressive even at the cost of a little millage.
skinny2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kestral wrote:
Frankly I hate the programming on the transmission I wish it was programmed to shift more aggressive even at the cost of a little millage.

It does learn your driving style and mine shifts pretty good. I'm on winding hilly roads for most of my commute and I'm pretty hard on the go pedal...so it's used to downshifting. Quicker pedal motions help as well....it's like it senses if you're just slowing pushing the pedal vs stabbing it. Takes some getting used to.

My wife's MDX is horrible though...it will upshift through 4 gears while crossing an intersection if you're not hammering on it. You have to floor it to get it to downshift most of the time. 300hp and very quick if you hold your foot to the floor, but the rest of the time it feels completely under powered. Very annoying!
Tjmcd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: That's my YouTube video :) Reply with quote

Ok, I just got an email that my video was posted to this forum four years ago. I only uploaded it to YouTube so the dealer and mechanic could See it.

First of all, yes, my fuel gauge went out and it wasn't covered under warranty. They wanted $500 to fix it. They never noted on my paperwork. Then they extended the warranty but I was over the mileage and they wouldn't honor the extension. Bastards.

Secondly, this video was shot before my THIRD tranny rebuild. I was told there was nothing wrong and/or they couldn't figure it out. So the only thing left to do was video it.

What happened was when they did the soft rebuild because of the radiator contamination, the computer module they replaced was defective. So they had to repair it again and replaced the computer module and do a soft rebuild. Then I had the same issues. They kept telling me they couldn't figure it out. Of course this was before the warranty extension and class action law suit. Yes, I was doing 80. Get over it. At that point I was hoping it would blow so they had to take it back in. Well, finally some genius said, oh it's probably the sensor on the computer module. Yep, that did it. Problem finally fixed but not after they had to do another rebuild.

As for the warranty extension I was just over the 100k miles so they wouldn't honor it when they extended the warranty. I moved and never got notified of the class action until it was too late. That tranny cost me $8k and nine months of heartache for a stupid sensor.

And for the comments that are "woman" related, I'm pretty intelligent. I may not know how to change a tranny or engine (which by the way I've also had to replace) but I do keep regular maintenance on it. Don't always assume that it's a woman's fault that a car breaks down.

Oh and one more thing, my heater also had to be replaced which wasn't covered as well.

Wish I'd seen this forum way back when. Thanks for listening.
iMehrab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Sorry to bring up something old Reply with quote

I just got a 05 pathfinder, will post pics soon.

Can someone tell me about the bypass? I just got this car and do not want to start off having issues with it.

greatly appreciated
smj999smj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bypass is merely re-routing the existing cooler lines so it bypasses the integral cooler inside the radiator and uses solely the the factory auxiliary cooler in front of the A/C condenser. This method prevents the potential coolant contamination of the integral cooler fails, but does take away the ability of the radiator to warm up the ATF quicker and maintain it in the ideal temp range, and, under extreme conditions, takes away some cooling ability (the auxiliary cooler does a pretty good job by itself in cooling the fluid). If the radiator has already been replaced, the bypass is not necessary. The other option is to replace the radiator and not bypass the cooler. Radiators on the aftermarket are in the $100 range.
iMehrab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smj, thanks a lot for the response. I noticed i need a new oil pressure sensor, and the car runs strong, ill look at radiators.

thanks again
icp1327

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying if the previous owner had the radiator replaced I shouldn't need to bypass? Or should I do it anyways.....

08 V-8 112kish miles
smj999smj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the radiator's been replaced, you need not do the bypass.
icp1327

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I shall breathe easy now.
DiBo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I only just right now did the bypass, I left it way too long. But the fluid was dark and brownish red, no milk. I still should not have waited so long but whatever it's done now.

It only takes like 10 minutes from start to finish too.

Well that's my take for the day!

Cheers!

P. S. I took 7 lbs of dried up mud from the top of the skid plate
Bilstein HD in the rear and Rancho spacers
Airlift 1000
Pro Comp series 98 steel wheels
Spidertrax 1.5" spacers.
285/75/16 Toyo A/T

April 2014 POTM Winner!
Touchdown

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I read on this...
The 2011 and later models came from the factory with a fix.
Is this actually true, or has anyone with the later models experienced issues?
Bilstein Front Adjustable Shocks w/HD OME Springs, PRG Long Travel UCA's, PRG Radflo 2.0 Rear Emulsion Shocks w/HD OME Rear Springs, 3" Body Lift, Custom Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier, K&N Intake, Skid Row & Asfir Skid Plates, Airlift 1000, SS Brake Lines, Yellow Top Optima Battery, 17x9 KMC Wheels, 35" Tires, Lokka Front Locker, ARB Rear Air Locker, Aluminum Winch Bumper w/ ENGO Winch, Diff Breathers & EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads
DiBo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear the same thing about the later models, but I can't confirm
Bilstein HD in the rear and Rancho spacers
Airlift 1000
Pro Comp series 98 steel wheels
Spidertrax 1.5" spacers.
285/75/16 Toyo A/T

April 2014 POTM Winner!
Kestral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sometime in 2010 model year the radiator issue was fixed.
smj999smj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was supposed to affect "some" radiators from 2005 through 2010. I have heard of one case of a failed cooler on a 2011 model. Maybe a fluke? Who knows?...

As far as the dark red/brownish trans fluid, that's fairly typical when draining NissanMatic Type "J" ATF. It's just the way it looks and not necessarily an indication of a problem. If you switch to Valvoline Maxlife Full synthetic ATF, it will usually start draining more of a cherry red color at the second or third service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: