Fixing the Bose

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Fixing the Bose

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:21 am

My Bose works sounds great!

So why do I need to fix it?
IAW dealer (and my independent) a "thingie" (modeul, chip whatever) inside that is responsible for remebering settings is toast.

My every time I turn off/on engine it defaults to a previous mpg, a previous radio setting and wants to start my CD player on the first CD (which is a gREAT CD.. but really?)

its a minor problem that I do not want to spend the 2.2k the dealer wants just for parts...but it is souring me on the truck and goivng me trade in fantasies.

Anyone know of a good shop where I cna send it in to repair this issue?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Bose provides replacement parts and service for their systems sold in vehicles, so you can get it repaired through them.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/fact ... rvice.html

Other places that repair Nissan Bose head units"

http://www.willmanselectronics.com/

http://www.shortcircuitrepair.com/index.htm

SteveFinn

Postby SteveFinn » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 am

Are you sure that your issues aren't related to a loose negative battery clamp?

I have a 2012 Silver edition (Bose, no nav). I've had trouble with the radio changing to CD when the engine is turned off and a clock that decides when it wants to keep the correct time since I got the vehicle as a CPO 2 years ago.

I replaced the battery a couple months ago which solved the problem temporarily...but I just shimmed the negative post....which loosened up again as the clamp stretched. Finally replaced the negative clamp yesterday and the clock & radio are retaining their settings again for the first time in a while. We'll see if it stays that way.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Hmmm.. Interesting!

Both a dealer and an independent told me its the Bose... but I will investigate this lead.

patrickm

Postby patrickm » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:44 pm

SteveFinn wrote:Are you sure that your issues aren't related to a loose negative battery clamp?
agree with this, especially since the MPG and other settings are being lost. it may not just be radio-related. also, you could try ebay for a used unit for a couple hundred at most just to make sure that's really the problem.

homerino

It’s the main head unit that is the culprit

Postby homerino » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Try going into diagnostics mode and reinitializing it. Search this forum for “self diagnostics†for a post on how to do it.

Return to “R51 Electrical”