Rancho lift kit discount

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am

I am hoping the KYB Gas-a-Just shocks will be long enough. That's what I I ordered.

EvilTheCat

Postby EvilTheCat » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:12 am

You need to buy a pair of the Rancho RS9000xl shocks with the QuickLift struts to get the refund though.

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Also I forgot to mention that I am just doing the hd coils no lift spacers. I already have the front rancho quick lift done and for the rear I am gonna do the KYB Gas-a-just shocks with the Armada HD Coils with air lift 1000's. Maybe in the future I may add the spacers but not now. I was going to order the spacers with this order but rock auto was out of stock with them.

MycHo

Postby MycHo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:15 am

porksoda wrote:Also I forgot to mention that I am just doing the hd coils no lift spacers. I already have the front rancho quick lift done and for the rear I am gonna do the KYB Gas-a-just shocks with the Armada HD Coils with air lift 1000's. Maybe in the future I may add the spacers but not now. I was going to order the spacers with this order but rock auto was out of stock with them.
Hi Porksoda

I am shopping for my suspension refresh and I am curious to know how level your truck sits ?

I f I understand corectly, you have Rancho Quick lift in front (2in lift ?) and the Armada rear coil without spacer (Approx 0.5in lift ?)

I would like to do that as well but I am afraid to end up with a reverse Rake, having the front higher than the rear.

Thanks

EvilTheCat

Postby EvilTheCat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:35 am

It has been a long time since I've updated this thread. I can no longer endorse this set up. The Armada rear springs must provide some amount of lift even though they are .2" shorter. I have shaved a half inch off the spacers to try and get the alignment into spec. I am still at 1 degree of positive camber with toe set to 0. I like the ride with the heavier springs so I guess they are good for that. I just want to warn people that with spacers on top you won't get the rear end aligned properly.

MycHo

Postby MycHo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:06 am

Hi Guys

I also did a refresh on my front and rear suspension.

- Front: Monroe Quickstrut (171103)
- Rear SHock: KYB gas-a-just (555057)
- rear coil: AcDelco 45H2143 (http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php ... 6840&jsn=3)

The front raised about 1/4" and handling is pretty much a fresh OEM, perfect for everyday uses.

The rear ... I selected these Armada coils to stiffen up the rear. I tow a lot.
On rock auto, there is multiple choice for rear armada coils. These are rated for 2207lb load rate. In the end, they lifted the rear 2"+.

I was expecting a 0.5" lift :shock:
As you may imagine, it was not possible to align it back within specs. Toe is OK but camber is off.

As far as handling, the rear is stiff ... more than oem coil with airbag filled at 35 psi. Also, loading the trunk have minimal effect on rear height. These coils are made strong !

I am not sure I like the rake as it is but I guess I will live with it. I will be doing near 3500km with a 4000lb+ trailer soon, can'T wait to see how it feels when properly loaded.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:15 am

MycHo wrote:Hi Guys

I also did a refresh on my front and rear suspension.

- Front: Monroe Quickstrut (171103)
- Rear SHock: KYB gas-a-just (555057)
- rear coil: AcDelco 45H2143 (http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php ... 6840&jsn=3)

The front raised about 1/4" and handling is pretty much a fresh OEM, perfect for everyday uses.

The rear ... I selected these Armada coils to stiffen up the rear. I tow a lot.
On rock auto, there is multiple choice for rear armada coils. These are rated for 2207lb load rate. In the end, they lifted the rear 2"+.

I was expecting a 0.5" lift :shock:
As you may imagine, it was not possible to align it back within specs. Toe is OK but camber is off.

As far as handling, the rear is stiff ... more than oem coil with airbag filled at 35 psi. Also, loading the trunk have minimal effect on rear height. These coils are made strong !

I am not sure I like the rake as it is but I guess I will live with it. I will be doing near 3500km with a 4000lb+ trailer soon, can'T wait to see how it feels when properly loaded.
The springs will settle maybe .5" only though. I would only recommend Armada springs if you tow or are looking for a lift. You might not need those airbags as much though.

MycHo

Postby MycHo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Thupertrooper wrote:
The springs will settle maybe .5" only though. I would only recommend Armada springs if you tow or are looking for a lift. You might not need those airbags as much though.
I agree, I don't expect it to settle too much. I didn't install my airbag back, they are useless now.

The point is, there is more than 1 Armada coils option.
I chose the one with the most load rate (2207lb).

In comparison, the ACDELCO 45H2146 are rated for 1380lb ---> 800Lb less than mine.

I am pretty those would not have lifted my truck at all.
So be careful if you go the Armada route ... choose your coil wisely

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”