Did the bypass and blew tyranny anwway

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

DiBo

Did the bypass and blew tyranny anwway

Postby DiBo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:59 am

So I'm here stuck on the side of the road in Edmonton. I already did the bypass but ended up with strawberry milkshake anyway. Wtf??

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:33 am

Possible it was bad before the bypass?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:27 pm

That's what I'm thinking. It is physically impossible to get coolant/trans fluid cross contamination after the radiator's cooler has been bypassed.

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:02 pm

it must have because i bypassed a month ago, the fluid that came out had no contamination in it. when the tranny went i went right to the overflow rad tank and voila, pink milkshake. I even took a trip on the trails that required 4lo and it was all fine. So I was moving on July 1st anyway and was going to be driving the path 6200 km clean across canada. Glad it happened now and not during the trip, but im still choked about it.

so I posted it online being about 10 days before i leave had no time to do anything and sold her sitting where she broke down for $2000.

the weird thing was that when the tranny cooled down the tranny worked just fine, so any insight into it would be nice.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 pm

If there was a lot of "custard" in the pan, as you drive the vehicle, it will get sucked into the screen and clog it, causing the fluid pressure to drop. As the vehicle sits, not running, the "custard" starts falling off of the screen and into the pan, so that the next time you go to drive it, there is enough fluid passing through the screen, keeping the proper line pressure, until the screen gets clogged again. That's my theory, anyway, as I've had it occur on transmissions with a lot of burnt clutch debris in the trans fluid.

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Well everyone, it's been great but the pathy is no more. Maybe I'll see her here someday with a new owner but for me that's it.

I have to say thanks to all of you, for the support and info.

Been fun guys and gals, take care and be safe!

Jason Farrell.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:52 pm

DiBo wrote:Well everyone, it's been great but the pathy is no more. Maybe I'll see her here someday with a new owner but for me that's it.

I have to say thanks to all of you, for the support and info.

Been fun guys and gals, take care and be safe!

Jason Farrell.
Im sorry for your Pathy loss hope you find another

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:12 am

I think I'm going to get a pickup for a while. I'm moving back to my hometown which is a fishing community and I will be fishing. Pickup makes sense. But we will see

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”