Middle Seat Removal

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

EvilTheCat

Postby EvilTheCat » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:18 pm

I really like it without the seat in the middle. It's hard enough getting into the back row already, but in July we'll be adding another car seat to the pathfinder. This will make it much easier to access the 2 in the rear.

vageesh79

Postby vageesh79 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Just removed the middle seat. Can any one tell how to fill the two holes which are open. I have the 6 screws back but still have two ooen holes under the seat.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:09 pm

vageesh79 wrote:Just removed the middle seat. Can any one tell how to fill the two holes which are open. I have the 6 screws back but still have two ooen holes under the seat.
use the bolts that came out of it
get large outer diameter flatwashers to put under the heads of the bolts, and smear a little silicone seal on the bolt threads to seal out moisture

kevinthefro

Postby kevinthefro » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:06 pm

vageesh79 wrote:Just removed the middle seat. Can any one tell how to fill the two holes which are open. I have the 6 screws back but still have two ooen holes under the seat.
Auto parts stores should have hole plugs like this: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... astic+plug

vageesh79

Postby vageesh79 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:32 pm

kevinthefro wrote:
Auto parts stores should have hole plugs like this: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... astic+plug
Thanks found it. Will it fix directly or should i also apply some silicon with it to make them airtight.

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Most car part stores will have plastic push pins available for this purpose. Little bit of sillyconkarne on the sides and it'll seal.

vageesh79

Postby vageesh79 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:43 pm

SETI20 wrote:Most car part stores will have plastic push pins available for this purpose. Little bit of sillyconkarne on the sides and it'll seal.

Clemens632

Postby Clemens632 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:47 am

I know this is an old tompic but i just gota 2011 pathfinder amd the two bolts closest to the thord row just keep spinning and now wont tighten up or loosen any ideas?

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Clemens632 wrote:I know this is an old tompic but i just gota 2011 pathfinder amd the two bolts closest to the thord row just keep spinning and now wont tighten up or loosen any ideas?
I'd say use this -- sillyconkarne (aka, silicone) -- if you need to seal it.

Use some kind of upward lift to remove it. Might mean having to get creative with a flathead or other tool(s).

To tighten you can always add some gasket sealer or silicone to fill in any gaps that are causing it to spin. Might have to get creative here as well.

Have someone go under the vehicle and see if there is something spinning down there while you're inside turning.

With that said, some hot chile con carne sounds really good right now. Was 14F when I woke up this morning and gonna be in the low 20s tonight.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 pm

underworld1001 wrote:
Clemens632 wrote:I know this is an old tompic but i just gota 2011 pathfinder amd the two bolts closest to the thord row just keep spinning and now wont tighten up or loosen any ideas?
I'd say use this -- sillyconkarne (aka, silicone) -- if you need to seal it.

Use some kind of upward lift to remove it. Might mean having to get creative with a flathead or other tool(s).

To tighten you can always add some gasket sealer or silicone to fill in any gaps that are causing it to spin. Might have to get creative here as well.

Have someone go under the vehicle and see if there is something spinning down there while you're inside turning.

With that said, some hot chile con carne sounds really good right now. Was 14F when I woke up this morning and gonna be in the low 20s tonight.
with shredded cheese and chopped onions? :D

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:27 pm

eieio wrote:with shredded cheese and chopped onions? :D
hell yes. :D

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:36 pm

underworld1001 wrote:
eieio wrote:with shredded cheese and chopped onions? :D
hell yes. :D
I'm In!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

2012SV

Re: Middle Seat Removal

Postby 2012SV » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:17 am

I'm considering removing the center seat from the center row. It's a 2012. Will nuts or bolts fall through the floor after I remove them? I'm concerned that they may either fall on top of something around the driveshaft and get lost/wedged, or worse, I'll loosen them, find out I can't access the other side and not be able to tighten them again. I do want to be able to reinstall as needed.

Advice from the experienced ones?

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:09 pm

2012SV wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:17 am
I'm considering removing the center seat from the center row. It's a 2012. Will nuts or bolts fall through the floor after I remove them? I'm concerned that they may either fall on top of something around the driveshaft and get lost/wedged, or worse, I'll loosen them, find out I can't access the other side and not be able to tighten them again. I do want to be able to reinstall as needed.

The seat bolts are threaded into the body pan, the hole goes all the way through. I would probably put some kind of grease on the threads with a plastic or rubber plug to protect them, or put the bolts back in.

2012SV

Postby 2012SV » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:00 pm

ShipFixer wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:09 pm
2012SV wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:17 am

The seat bolts are threaded into the body pan, the hole goes all the way through. I would probably put some kind of grease on the threads with a plastic or rubber plug to protect them, or put the bolts back in.
Thanks! I got 4 out of the 6 out. One is sitting half out and tough to work, with some penetrant working to help out the rest of it. Up in Canada here, the road salt/calcium/mess has corroded the tips of the bolts that poke through the bottom, making most of them difficult.

The last one of the 6 I put minimal pressure on and it backed out a turn and half (maybe) then just started free spinning, as if the nut welded to the body pan broke free... I guess I'll have to cut it off and go from there... Unless anyone has any better ideas.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”