The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Largest tire that fits Patty w/o modification?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Infinity-x



Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Largest tire that fits Patty w/o modification? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've got a 2012 Pathfinder (Patty) S model with the standard 16inch rims and 6 lugs. Basically my tires are getting sort of low but in the near future I want to buy bigger tires. I understand to get the full look I'll probably want like a 1-1.5 inch spacer but as far as tires go what is the largest tire I can fit without having to modify or roll my fenders?

Like a rugged look but not using this for offroading - I commute to work about 45 mins one way so comfort would be nice but I also don't want to break the bank.

Let me know your suggestions, pics of them on your Patty would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thupertrooper



Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Posts: 490
Location: Mesa,AZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

265/75/16
_________________
2005 OR Pathy V6 Volant CAI----Lift-Long Travel front(5+ lift) Drop bracket rear 4" plus armada springs and spacers. Airlift1000(uneeded now) Longer 5100s. ---Lokka front locker. --- 35s on stock rims. --- Custom rear bumper---Kenwood2m HAM Midland CB Firestik --- FSR Series Small Canopy Roof Top Tent(If in the market DM for deals) ---
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Infinity-x



Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thupertrooper wrote:
265/75/16


Thanks! I see a lot with the r behind the 75 - "265/75r/16".. any difference there to be worried about versus ones without the r?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVSteve
Sponsored Member


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 1968
Location: Salt Lake City

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity-x wrote:
Thupertrooper wrote:
265/75/16


Thanks! I see a lot with the r behind the 75 - "265/75r/16".. any difference there to be worried about versus ones without the r?


None. You'll see them listed in various ways, but if you walk into a tire shop, saying "265/75/16" is all that matters. Although you also have to deal with a P (passenger) rated tire or a LT (light truck) rated tire, such as p265/75/16 or LT265/75/16E.
_________________
2007 Pathfinder SE-OR, OME, Supersliders
2011 Xterra PRO-4X (the girl's car)
travel photos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Infinity-x



Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I've got my eyes on something like this.. may not do the same exact setup but this is the look I want:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-265-75R16-Centennial-Dirt-Commander-M-T-Mud-Tires-MT-265-75-16-R16-2657516-/262594740869?epid=757385707&hash=item3d23ddc285:g:G~MAAOSwIaFZHdBS&vxp=mtr

Can anyone tell me if those would fit without modification? My end goal is to put those on first and then shortly after add a 1.5 inch spacer to them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kestral
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2014
Posts: 655
Location: MA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Vulcan tire on line they have a nice selection of aggressive tires you may like and they are a reputable on line company I believe it's Vulcantire.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Infinity-x



Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kestral wrote:
Check out Vulcan tire on line they have a nice selection of aggressive tires you may like and they are a reputable on line company I believe it's Vulcantire.com


I've checked out the site, thanks for the suggestion! They have a good selection of tires in the size I want, but their Offroading ones are a bit pricer than what I could find elsewhere. I guess it's a matter of if I want namebrand or offbrand (higher vs lower price). I have a somewhat hefty commute, about 45 minutes one way so for practical reasons I shouldn't be looking at offroad tires, but I think they'd beef up the look of the vehicle so that's why I'm leaning towards them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kestral
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2014
Posts: 655
Location: MA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity-x wrote:
Kestral wrote:
Check out Vulcan tire on line they have a nice selection of aggressive tires you may like and they are a reputable on line company I believe it's Vulcantire.com


I've checked out the site, thanks for the suggestion! They have a good selection of tires in the size I want, but their Offroading ones are a bit pricer than what I could find elsewhere. I guess it's a matter of if I want namebrand or offbrand (higher vs lower price). I have a somewhat hefty commute, about 45 minutes one way so for practical reasons I shouldn't be looking at offroad tires, but I think they'd beef up the look of the vehicle so that's why I'm leaning towards them.


I agree they do beef up the look of the truck but the tire noise of beefy tires gets real old after several miles that's why I stick with quiet AT tires. I love the look of a good mudder but a quiet AT is about as aggressive as I can stand on the road.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Infinity-x



Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity-x wrote:
Okay so I've got my eyes on something like this.. may not do the same exact setup but this is the look I want:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-265-75R16-Centennial-Dirt-Commander-M-T-Mud-Tires-MT-265-75-16-R16-2657516-/262594740869?epid=757385707&hash=item3d23ddc285:g:G~MAAOSwIaFZHdBS&vxp=mtr

Can anyone tell me if those would fit without modification? My end goal is to put those on first and then shortly after add a 1.5 inch spacer to them.


Bump. need some help to see if you guys think these will fit?

As to the comment above - these tires have fairly good ratings as being quieter on the highway as compared to Centennial's other M/T tires. But my concern is even though these are 265/75/16 that they won't fit. HELP!! lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiBRiD109



Joined: 10 Feb 2017
Posts: 58

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity-x wrote:
Infinity-x wrote:
Okay so I've got my eyes on something like this.. may not do the same exact setup but this is the look I want:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-265-75R16-Centennial-Dirt-Commander-M-T-Mud-Tires-MT-265-75-16-R16-2657516-/262594740869?epid=757385707&hash=item3d23ddc285:g:G~MAAOSwIaFZHdBS&vxp=mtr

Can anyone tell me if those would fit without modification? My end goal is to put those on first and then shortly after add a 1.5 inch spacer to them.


Bump. need some help to see if you guys think these will fit?

As to the comment above - these tires have fairly good ratings as being quieter on the highway as compared to Centennial's other M/T tires. But my concern is even though these are 265/75/16 that they won't fit. HELP!! lol



Yes, these tires will fit, they might slightly rub on the splash guards if you have them. The off road model comes with 265/75/R16 so you shouldn't have any problems.
_________________
'06 Pathfinder LE 4x4 - 160000mi - Yokohama Geolandar G015 265/65R17, NAV w/ Bose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Infinity-x



Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo I just saw this thread : http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2066

regarding Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs and I think that's the route I want to take. They are a good bit more expensive than what I was looking to spend, but I think down the road they will be a better value than a cheaper set. I've got no mudflaps on my SUV so I don't think I should run into any rubbing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disallow
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Posts: 2564
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They go on sale regularly up here in Canada for about $180 per tire for the P rated ones. Just over $200 for LT E-rated.

But I would read this before pulling the trigger:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2066&start=105

Specifically Labsy's comment (last one of the thread on page Cool.
_________________
Terry in Winnipeg

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 305000kms (190000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Infinity-x



Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disallow wrote:
They go on sale regularly up here in Canada for about $180 per tire for the P rated ones. Just over $200 for LT E-rated.

But I would read this before pulling the trigger:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2066&start=105

Specifically Labsy's comment (last one of the thread on page Cool.


I did see Labsy's comment and am taking it into consideration. I live in South Carolina so we *rarely* see any snow or icy conditions so I'm not too worried about that. I would be concerned about slipping on wet tarmac, but at ~50k or so on tires I would come to expect that would happen as they are nearing the end of their useful life.

Still searching around though.. what's the difference between P rated and LT E-Rated? I searched DiscountTire and they didn't offer a choice between the two?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVSteve
Sponsored Member


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 1968
Location: Salt Lake City

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity-x wrote:

Still searching around though.. what's the difference between P rated and LT E-Rated? I searched DiscountTire and they didn't offer a choice between the two?


P rated almost always come with some kind of treadwear warranty, whereas few of the LT tires do. P are more suited to pavement, although I have been off road with P rated tires for many, many years. P rated are lighter in weight. For example, you could have a P rated tire that weighs 48lbs & the same size tire in LT that comes in at 56lbs. Typically the biggest drawback with LT tires, because of the extra weight, is increased stopping distance, lower mpg (I have not seen this with mine) and a slight loss of perceived power. Biggest advantage with LT is ruggedness-they are built to withstand more abuse. Another advantage is tread depth. Again, looking at a P rated and LT rated tire of the same size, the P rated will have less depth. This varies from tire to tire, but LT tires can have anywhere from 4 to 6/32" more depth. P rated tires operate best at the PSI stated by the vehicle's mfr. Run a P rated over or under that pressure and bad things can happen. LT tires are far more flexible with PSI, meaning that they can be dropped below the mfrs stated PSI for off road, or quite a bit above for highway or the load being carried. This leads to LT tires also being able to carry heavier loads than P rated tires, but you will be running a higher PSI on a daily basis. There are charts out there on tire mfr sites that show what load corresponds to what PSI, so you can see what you generally need to be at to be comparable to a P rated tire. For instance, I believe my Pathfinder door sticker says something like 32 PSI per tire. I'm running about 41 PSI right now for my C rated LT tires. And then you have different flavors of LT tires, such as C, D and E.

Confused yet? Sorry for the jumble of an answer. Best bet is to google your question. Tons of sites out there discuss the differences.
_________________
2007 Pathfinder SE-OR, OME, Supersliders
2011 Xterra PRO-4X (the girl's car)
travel photos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Infinity-x



Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVSteve wrote:
Infinity-x wrote:

Still searching around though.. what's the difference between P rated and LT E-Rated? I searched DiscountTire and they didn't offer a choice between the two?


P rated almost always come with some kind of treadwear warranty, whereas few of the LT tires do. P are more suited to pavement, although I have been off road with P rated tires for many, many years. P rated are lighter in weight. For example, you could have a P rated tire that weighs 48lbs & the same size tire in LT that comes in at 56lbs. Typically the biggest drawback with LT tires, because of the extra weight, is increased stopping distance, lower mpg (I have not seen this with mine) and a slight loss of perceived power. Biggest advantage with LT is ruggedness-they are built to withstand more abuse. Another advantage is tread depth. Again, looking at a P rated and LT rated tire of the same size, the P rated will have less depth. This varies from tire to tire, but LT tires can have anywhere from 4 to 6/32" more depth. P rated tires operate best at the PSI stated by the vehicle's mfr. Run a P rated over or under that pressure and bad things can happen. LT tires are far more flexible with PSI, meaning that they can be dropped below the mfrs stated PSI for off road, or quite a bit above for highway or the load being carried. This leads to LT tires also being able to carry heavier loads than P rated tires, but you will be running a higher PSI on a daily basis. There are charts out there on tire mfr sites that show what load corresponds to what PSI, so you can see what you generally need to be at to be comparable to a P rated tire. For instance, I believe my Pathfinder door sticker says something like 32 PSI per tire. I'm running about 41 PSI right now for my C rated LT tires. And then you have different flavors of LT tires, such as C, D and E.

Confused yet? Sorry for the jumble of an answer. Best bet is to google your question. Tons of sites out there discuss the differences.


Very confused.. but not because of your post - simply because I know nothing of tires Razz ... I always appreciate information first hand from someone that has the same vehicle as me vs. going to a generic article that was written no telling how long ago.

It looks like the ones I'm looking at are LT rated C Load. I do a majority of highway driving, but I like the look of an aggressive tire so perhaps based on your input the LT is the way to go? I don't really do heavy offroading but I do enjoy taking the back road to work (45min) and it is pretty wavy/bumpy so I'd need a tire to be able to handle that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group