Any shock/coil/strut combo provide very mild lift?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

merrion13

Any shock/coil/strut combo provide very mild lift?

Postby merrion13 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:32 am

I'm going to be swapping out front & rear suspension on our R51 as I can't stand the rear and with 100K miles, it's time to give her some love.

We live in Denver, and tend to do long road trips on the highway then several miles off road to get to trailheads. I'm wondering if instead of going the 2" lift route with the Rancho setup, is there any product(s) out there people like that maybe gave their truck a 0.5 or 1" lift?

I don't want to sacrifice highway driving too much, hence why I'm hesitant on the 2" lift (and also looking for something a little cheaper).

Thanks!

docwatson

Postby docwatson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:37 am

I used Monroe quick struts in the front and V8 springs w/ airlift in the rear. I ended up with 1" in the rear and about .5" in the front. The ride is more controlled than before but I wish I had used bilstein 5100s in the front for a leveled ride height.

merrion13

Postby merrion13 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:49 am

Thanks docwatson. So if you used the Bilsteins in the front, what coils would you have gone with to help level the height?

Anyone else have experience with other products?

Am I foolish to not simply consider the 2" rancho lift all around?

docwatson

Postby docwatson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:32 pm

The 5100s are adjustable in height but I would probably have thrown on the V8 springs since the cost is minimal.

I like my ride height as my older dog would have a tough time climbing in out if I went any taller. It's tough to not just go with a 2" kit. I figure I can always scratch the itch to go higher if need be from where I am.

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:40 am

Please check out my post -- http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=14681

You'll be looking at a 1-1.25 in lift all around after you're done all while saving some $.

ranosgood

Old Man Emu -1.75" of lift

Postby ranosgood » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:40 am

I opted for the Old Man Emu (OME) suspension. Medium springs front and back and the Nitrocharger sport shocks. Ride is still refined in spite of being a little stiffer and lifted, and handling/drive quality at highway speeds is improved over stock. The amount of lift did not take away from the ride quality as a daily driver.

I do not like spacers to create lift because lifted vehicles should have stiffer springs to account for the shift in the center of gravity caused by the lift.

604Allstar

Re: Old Man Emu -1.75" of lift

Postby 604Allstar » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:45 am

ranosgood wrote:I opted for the Old Man Emu (OME) suspension. Medium springs front and back and the Nitrocharger sport shocks. Ride is still refined in spite of being a little stiffer and lifted, and handling/drive quality at highway speeds is improved over stock. The amount of lift did not take away from the ride quality as a daily driver.

I do not like spacers to create lift because lifted vehicles should have stiffer springs to account for the shift in the center of gravity caused by the lift.
Hi,

How does your pathfinder sit now with this setup? Is there any rake?

were you able to get the alignment with in spec? did you need adj bolts?

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Just to put it out there, the Moog springs put maybe 0.5" to 1" of lift in my truck. Noticeably better ride without a real lift. Fixed the stupid soft rear handling which is what I wanted.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”