The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Change out factory stereo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mball

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Change out factory stereo Reply with quote

Hi, I have a 2007 pathfinder with a non-bose with navigation ( see picture)

Im planning to change out speakers and add a sub to this car, and my question is how can i add amplifier(s) to the factory head unit?

Is it possible to do anythig to the factory unit, or do i need to replace everything?

I have no problem to run new wires, add amplier, sub etc, but i wonder how i can hook that up to the headunit i have now...

Anyone thats done the same with this headunit?

[img]http://imgur.com/a/3EG0D[/img]
MarkSheriff

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its always best to change the head unit so that you get the fullest & cleanest signal going out to your amps and then speakers. factory radios are tuned to match the factory speakers so they play certain frequencies and certain wattage.

so you can change the radio for best results or use an audio control lc6i to pull signal from any factory radio in any car
http://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lc6i/

i changed the whole audio system in my pathy, if you need any help just ask
Tusk

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the factory head unit as long as you get a decent LOC as mentioned. There are MANY options out there. Just want it for adding a sub?

AFE CAI / IPS / Ported TB / TB Screen Delete / AFE Headers / Gibson Cat-back / Bullydog / Goodridge SS Lines / Hawk LTS Pads / EBC Blank Rotors

Alpine PKG-RSE3DVD / JBL MS-8 / Zapco ASP-OEB, ST-5D, & ST-2D / SB Acoustics tweeter, mid-range, mid-bass, subwoofer / Stinger
Mball

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add sub and to change out the factory speakers as well
smj999smj

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in touch with the folks at Crutchfield.com.
kennynnek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive added a sub and amp to mine by just cutting into the radio wires behind the head unit and putting in a spkr wire to RCA converter ($20 or somethin) then just wired up the amp like normal after that, also upgraded my front speakers and with the stock head unit it sounds fine, goodluck Smile
ranosgood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Replace Factory Stereo Reply with quote

I replaced my entire system and used the factory wiring...per recommendation from Crutchfield. The other posts are correct in stating that factory head units limit the frequency output to accommodate inferior speakers. You will understand this fully when you do a complete replacement and will be happy that you did. Now, if my pathy had the factory GPS unit I probably would have kept the head unit and gone with a sound processor instead. A sound processor strips out the factory system and supplies outputs to your amp at all ranges.

Since I did not have the factory GPS I replaced my head unit with an Alpine GPS unit, installed an alpine reference amp in the factory location, new Alpine reference components in the factory locations, and bypassed the factory subwoofer and installed a 10" standalone. The sound quality is impressive over the old Bose system.

Once you decide what to do feel free to ask for additional help.
Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport shocks and struts
Alpine Reference Stereo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: