Headers on V8 Pathfinder

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Jesgag

Headers on V8 Pathfinder

Postby Jesgag » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:05 am

I'm curious if anyone has done any aftermarket headers on a V8 Pathfinder? I found one post from years ago about doing JBA LT headers, but I'm curious if anyone else can back it up and confirm they will fit without hitting anything in the engine bay? I'm not looking for the performance, I'm just looking for the cheapest but good replacement for OEM manifolds, no need for cats in my area.

I recently bought my Pathy out of province so now I have to pass inspection and they said that my manifolds are cracked. :(

I've found the Pacesetter manifolds, but I've also read they're not good quality anymore and not worth getting.

New to the forums, and any help would be much appreciated!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:15 am

I know a couple of people did them on the V8 Pathfinders. You might try the custom search feature at the top of the page. If I remember right, if you delete the cats, you have to get an Uprev custom ECM tune because it'll run too lean with the stock ECM programming. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure that was the case.

Uprev:

https://uprev.com/secure/

Jesgag

Postby Jesgag » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:36 am

Thanks for the info. I'll do the search and see if I can find the other thread as well.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”