The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Need better spam filters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Comments & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiBRiD109

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Need better spam filters Reply with quote

I can't believe the amount of spam and fake accounts are being allowed. Can the mods get the site admin to update the filters and better verification for new members?
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this version of phpBB (from 2005) is really lacking in that functionality.

The owner of the site approached us a few months ago asking if us admins wanted to take over the domain, but honestly I'm out of my depth and haven't done that before. And haven't had as much time to delete spam lately either.

I did replace most spam words with "SPAM DO NOT CLICK", so I hope that helps.

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 305000kms (190000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
smj999smj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done my best to keep up with the spam when I have time. In most cases, I add the user name and IP to the BAN list before deleting the posts, but I'll just delete the posts if I'm short on time.
HiBRiD109

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disallow wrote:
Unfortunately this version of phpBB (from 2005) is really lacking in that functionality.

The owner of the site approached us a few months ago asking if us admins wanted to take over the domain, but honestly I'm out of my depth and haven't done that before. And haven't had as much time to delete spam lately either.

I did replace most spam words with "SPAM DO NOT CLICK", so I hope that helps.

Got ya, you guys do a good job keeping up. I just notice because I log on every morning that there is some spam in the new member and general auto subs. I was just wondering how they get through so easily and if it could be improved. But if were using an old language to package the site and no one knows how to write better scripts than I can understand.
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's something you know how to do and you're interested I could talk to him.

It's a low volume site, so nobody's going to get rich off the advertising. But he said it basically pays for itself.

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 305000kms (190000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl hasn't posted in forever. Does he even still have his Pathfinder?
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope he doesn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Comments & Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: