The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
How to Paint and Color Fill Emblems - Ghost Style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinthefro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: How to Paint and Color Fill Emblems - Ghost Style Reply with quote

The front emblem was done the same way. I just took more detailed pictures of the rear emblem.

I scuffed the surface with ScotchBite brown pad, then painted the whole thing satin black. The last coat was laid on thick. The wet paint fades to satin after drying for a day. Since the emblem got a final coat of satin clear, the black could have been gloss or flat, but I happened to have satin on hand.

After the black paint has dried thoroughly, mask off the area around the letters

Spray with gray

Before the gray dries, remove the tape, put mineral spirits on a paper towel, and rub the emblem on it face down to remove the gray from the face

After the gray had dried. Notice that the finish of the black paint has been dulled from rubbing it on the paper towel. clear-coating will make everything uniform. This is also an opportunity to sand out any dust nibs, like the one on the lower left.

Last edited by kevinthefro on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
underworld1001

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say great job man! The black on white contrast looks good.

Quick question and maybe I'm not getting it, but how did you get only the Nissan lettering grey? Maybe I'm putting too much thought into it and just confusing myself Confused
kevinthefro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
I've updated the post with more explanation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: