Transmission

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Olliepuff

Transmission

Postby Olliepuff » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:01 am

Hi guys, this is my first post on here and I'm trying to find,some answers an hour my pathfinder, it's a 2005 st, 4.0 v6 5 speed auto, my transmission has died it had the coolant contamination about 2 years ago had it flushed bypassed cooler, and was fine until about a month ago, I took it in to get new tyres it drive fine before I dropped it off picked it up and it was in limp mode, took it to a mate and put a scan tool on it and it said the low coast solenoid and brake solenoid were buggered, I ended up getting a remanufactured valve body and solenoid for it put it in New fluid and gasket and it was,worse like the trans now slip in reverse and forward gears, thought it might have been because the tcm wasn't programmed so I took it to Nissan they programmed it and it's still the same, can get the car to move but the tranny just seems to be slipping so I'm just guessing but I'd say it's stuffed, now I can get a transmission for it but it's from a 2010 model would this work in my car I can't seem to find anything to say if it will or won't, than you any info would be hugely appreciated

HiBRiD109

Postby HiBRiD109 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:52 am

From what I see from other posts, that you need to initialize the TCM to the ECM with a correct scan tool.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... hlight=tcm

Return to “General Automotive”